Returning To... An artist's tale

Please post new stories here!
Forum rules
No Negative or Illegal Posting! Read stories and give each feedback!
goodgulf

Returning To... An artist's tale

Post by goodgulf » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Author's foreword: This is set in the world of http://www.spanko.net/spanking_forums/v ... f=3&t=2415, but since the world building was done in the first story this one is much shorter. Originally this story was presented in a series of three blog posts.

The basic outline of that world (for those who didn't read the first story):
The economy tanks in 2008. By 2009, Adult children - in their 20s and 30s - are moving back in with their parents to save on their bills. A movement starts to return these adult children to childhood - mostly early to mid-teens. The "returnee" signs a contract that puts her parents in charge of her finances, and her life, and she 'grows up' again and hopefully does better this time around. And of course the parents are free to smack (even if they didn't the first time around) and can authorise 'babysitters' and others to spank as well. There is no rejuving at work here, just age play enforced by a legal contract.

Returning To... An artist's tale:

Sylvia Nickels glanced at the mirror on the sun visor and frowned at her reflection. She hated her hair. Just hated it. She hadn't like pigtails when she was really a little girl and hated them even more now.

Part of her fumed against the unfairness of it all. Technically she wasn't even a returnee because technically she had never left home! She had graduated last spring and hadn't been able to find work that paid and when September rolled around her parents started making noises about her either moving out or signing a returnee agreement. As if she could afford a place on her own.

Faced with an impossible choice, Sylvia had negotiated. She might technically be unemployed, but she was a painter with a fine arts degree. Maybe she had to let her parents treat her like she was teenager, but they would have to give her art supplies and let her paint. After all, if she couldn't paint then how could she explore her muse and become a famous artist?

Her parents had negotiated just as hard. Well, her mother had; her father mostly stayed out of the discussions. His sole input had been "Well of course she needs art supplies. Otherwise we've wasted every dollar we paid for her education.", but that alone hadn't been enough swing it. No, to close the deal Sylvia had been forced to go lower than she wanted to.

Being 19 again, that wouldn't be too bad. Old enough to drive, old enough to date, old enough to run most of her life, 19 wouldn't be bad, but her mother didn't think so. No, the more control that Sylvia wanted for her art the more she had to give up for when she wasn't in her basement studio. Nineteen hadn't sounded so bad, but when the negotiations were over Sylvia found herself agreeing to live as if she was in the twelve to fourteen age range.

That wasn't the only thing the contract covered. Everyone knew that returnees could sometimes be spanked (Sylvia had even spanked a friend's older sister while 'babysitting' the returnee) but to keep her art Sylvia had agreed to any form of corporal punishment the senior party (or a designate) wanted to apply. The senior party could also pick Sylvia's hairstyle, her clothing, her reading material - practically everything that didn't touch on her art. Sylvia had heard people say they had sacrificed their lives for art but in this case Sylvia had bargained everything away to keep her art.

Which was why she had pigtails and was in the car. This wasn't art time so her mom was in charge and her mom had informed Sylvia that she was going to a slumber party. Hearing the names of the other girls that would be there was depressing; most of them were (like Sylvia) recent grads who hadn't lost jobs, overextended their credit, or otherwise screwed up. They just happened to graduate during an economic downturn. It wasn't really their fault, but they were now returnees.

"And after I pick you up we're going to the hairdressers." Martha Nickels said as she drove. "Your hair is too long to be manageable. Yes, after tomorrow you'll have much less hair."

"Do I have to go?" Sylvia whined, not caring that it made her sound like a kid.

"Yes! And remember what I said: Mrs. McDonald has spanking rights for all you girls." Martha told her. "And the rule is that whenever one girl earns a spanking then all the girls get one. It's to teach the importance of group responsibility and that you should counsel your peers to behave better."

Martha didn't think of herself as cruel, but everyone else was getting their daughters to sign returnee agreements and Martha didn't want to be left out of the craze. Bargaining down her daughter had been fun (and strangely empowering) but Martha couldn't see herself actually giving Sylvia a spanking. At least not her first one. Clare McDonald had assured Martha that once Sylvia became accustom to being spanked then it would much easier for Martha to spank her herself, which was why Sylvia was on her way to her first returnee sleepover. Sylvia didn't know it, but she had sleepover scheduled for every other night and was then going to host one herself where Martha would be the one dishing it out to all the girls.

When the car stopped, Sylvia didn't want to get out. It wasn't just the knowledge that she was probably going to be spanked some time tonight, no, it was her outfit. The T-shirt wasn't that bad, but the cut-off jeans were too tight and too low (they were cut off just above the knee) and under them she was wearing little girl panties with teddy bears on them. Sneakers and ankle socks completed her outfit. Anyone looking at her would know that she hadn't dressed herself, that she was a returnee.

"Do I have to?" Sylvia whined.

"You do. Now get going or you'll be getting there with a sore bum." Martha bluffed.

Sylvia pouted, but she picked up her overnight bag and left the car. When she reached the front door Sylvia heard an ominous sound, but when she rang the bell she could clearly hear "Come in!" shouted above the noise.

As she entered, Sylvia saw that she had been right about the source of that sound. Right there, in the front room, Mrs. McDonald was dishing out a spanking. Sylvia recognised the girl as Jane McDonald, Mrs. McDonald's daughter who had graduated with a poetry degree at the same ceremony where Sylvia had graduated with her fine arts one, and winced as another smack landed on Jane's bare bum. Four other girls stood waiting; three wearing only panties and socks below their waists and the fourth (the one standing closest to Mrs. McDonald) had her panties by her ankles. Sylvia could see that the girl on deck was bare in more ways than one and wondered if the hair had been permanently removed by a laser treatment.

"Get your shorts off and get in line." Clare McDonald ordered as she brought her palm down on her daughter's backside. "You know the rule; one girl earns a spanking and they all get one."

Sylvia knew that rule, but had to point out how it shouldn't apply to her.

"But I just got here!" Sylvia protested. "I wasn't here when whatever it was happened. It can't even be partly my fault because I wasn't here!"

"But you're here now." Clare McDonald reasoned. "And if there's any more back talk from you then I'm breaking out the hairbrush. Now move your tail."

Sylvia pouted, but obeyed.

'This is so unfair.' Sylvia thought as she dug her socked feet into the carpet. 'I thought the first time that I'd be getting it for something, not being spanked for nothing.'

As she waited she couldn't help noticing something was lacking. Whenever a girl was on deck or rubbing the ouch out of her backside, Sylvia saw that they were all sport less hair down there than she expected. Only one girl was completely bare but the others were... shorter and thinner? Something like that. Sylvia couldn't help wondering if her mom's 'less hair comment' referred to something like that happening to her soon. Inwardly she winced, knowing that the decision was out of her hands.

Then it was her turn. It wasn't bad, not as bad as she feared. Just 12 hand smacks that weren't that hard but hard enough to put a sting in her bottom. None of the other girls had gotten it hard either - Mrs. McDonald had just given them their assumed age in hand spanks.

That time. Each time she found fault, Mrs. McDonald escalated the punishments, and before the night was out the hairbrush made its appearance. Sylvia wasn't the only girl to cry herself to sleep in her sleeping bag. In a way she was glad she hadn't corrected Mrs. McDonald and said that she was 14, because all the spankings were based off a multiple of her "age" and that would have meant extra spanks.

<first snippet ended here>

Eleven days after she arrived at Mrs. McDonald's house, Sylvia was painting with one eye on her canvas and the other on the clock. The canvas showed a sight that she had painted from memory - three grown girls waiting in their panties, one girl waiting bare bum, and a fifth one over a woman's lap getting spanked. She had them turned towards the wall, with the four waiting girls looking over their shoulders at the spanking. The bare bottom girl was clenching her cheeks while there was mix of worry and anticipation on the other girls' faces.

It was titled "Awaiting Execution at a Big Little Girl Slumber Party" and Sylvia had seen the scene played out again and again at the five slumber parties she had gone to. Sometimes they had faced that way and Sylvia had decided on that pose because showing a girl's backside was more acceptable than showing her front side, especially if it was hairless front side.

But the painting was a composite, not a portrait. For one thing she had switched bums and faces, making the girls look less recognisable. And the spanker wasn't anyone who had spanked them - that face was based off of her grade three teacher. The one who had made a nasty habit of sending notes home complaining that Sylvia spent too much time doodling in class. Sylvia had no problem picturing that woman spanking and had placed her head on a composite of women who had actually spanked Sylvia.

And the list of people who had spanked Sylvia was destined to grow, which gave Sylvia conflicted feelings. Not that Sylvia enjoyed the spankings or thought that she deserved to be spanked, but she couldn't deny that the experience was adding to her art - and her art was the only thing that truly matter.

'And it could be worse.' Sylvia noted.

She wasn't thinking about being reduced in age or treated badly by her minders but of a friend who wasn't a returnee. Sharon Forest had graduated with Sylvia. They had both painted together and Sharon had developed a wonderful technique for faces. Sylvia was usually better with bodies, but everyone agreed that Sharon was great with faces. Now Sharon's art was being neglected as she worked long hours flipping burgers - with most of her merger paycheque going to the student loan people.

Sharon had her freedom and got to wear Big Girl clothes, but she had lost her art. What was the occasional (or even frequent?) spanking compared to that? Besides, Sylvia was convinced that the spankings would slow down once her mom was sure that she was used to them.

Then came a knock on the door that disrupted both her thoughts and her painting.

"Sylvia?" Martha called. "I know this is your art time, but you've got to be cleaned up and changed before your guests get here."

"In a minute mom." Sylvia called back. "Don't worry, I've got my other clothes in here."

"Well don't be late - or else." Martha called through the door.

Sylvia sighed, put down the paintbrush, and covered her canvas. After carefully putting away her art supplies she cleaned the paint off her hands and changed, changed completely because while she painted Sylvia wore her old clothes, including her comfortable bikini style panties.

As she took them off to change into ones with little angels on them, Sylvia couldn't help looking at her depleted bush. So far they had gone with trimming and chemicals, but Sylvia knew that her mother had priced the 'down to barely a teen' rate at the laser clinic. Only her "But I could get to look 14 - the contract says so" had saved her poor bush from a permanent thinning.

"Sylvia? Are you hurrying?"

"Yes mom." Sylvia called back, wondering which of them was more anxious about tonight.

The order of the other girls was random for sleepover spankings, but the hostess was always the first one over her mother's lap. Sylvia had gone over five other laps, but tonight would be her first maternal spanking. She knew that Mrs. McDonald had offered to be around for moral support, but even Mrs. McDonald handled the first round of spanking sometime tonight Sylvia would find herself over her mother's lap for the first time in her life.

The first bottom that Martha Nickels ever spanked would be Sylvia's, and neither knew who was more nervous about it.

<Beginning of third snippet here>

A year later, Sylvia was mentally cursing. Here it was, the big night of her first major show, and because it opened so late she was wearing a one-piece sleeper, complete with trapdoor. She'd tried to argue that not even 12 year olds wore something like that, but her mother had pointed out that 14 year olds didn't attend gala functions like art openings. They needed a tiebreaker and the hairbrush was glad to help out, smacking down on Sylvia's bottom until she agreed with her mother's point of view.

Not that her outfit was totally out of place amidst her art. They were calling it "returnee art" - paintings of grown women dressed as teens and younger. Sometimes the picture merely captured the women dressed in their youthful clothing but in others there was some nudity and sprinklings of spanking scenes. One series was entitled "Little Jane's Enema and Bubble Bath" and that was drawing a lot of eyes.

Sylvia hadn't liked seeing Jane McDonald's steady progression to preteen days, but Jane hadn't written a minimum age in her returnee agreement and Mrs. McDonald was the one making the decisions. Jane had more or less stopped protesting - something that made Sylvia suspect that the girl was being drugged. She didn't have proof of that, but sometimes Sylvia felt mentally fuzzy after eating at the McDonald house.

In a way, Jane's fall made wonderful art, as captured in those paintings. The series showed Jane (now permanently hairless below her eyelashes) protesting her enema and being spanked for that, then having a nozzle pressed between her burning cheeks. One painting showed her sulking on the toilet and the last showed her smiling and splashing in her bubble bath.

Seeing the interest it was drawing, Sylvia felt that the series was well worth the price she had paid. Thrice while painting the series she had watched those things happening to Jane, each time capturing more details in her mind. The reflection off the mirror, the glint of water on tile, every detail helped. The only problem was, Mrs. McDonald wasn't fond of witnesses so each time Sylvia had gone through the same procedure as Jane. Starting with the spanking (even thought Sylvia wasn't protesting) and after the spanking (before the enema) came a shave ("to make clean up easier") that left Sylvia's belly as bare as Jane's.

It had been painful and embarrassing, but Sylvia thought that those paintings were the crowning glory of her exhibition. It seemed almost a shame to sell them. Sylvia planned to keep a set of prints of her work but all the originals were on sale - and hopefully would bring in enough for Sylvia to finally leave home.

Accepting praise as she walked, Sylvia went up to Mrs. Brown, the woman who ran the gallery.

"So how are we doing?" Sylvia asked hopefully.

"Good, but not good enough for you to move out." Mrs. Brown answered with brutal honesty. "But keep this up and in another two or three years you might be able to afford your own loft."

"Two or three years?" Sylvia asked mournfully.

"Which is fast." Mrs. Brown continued. "Most artists don't breakeven until their late 20s, and you're looking at doing it in your mid twenties. That's good work."

"Um, but I'd really like to move out now." Sylvia commented.

"Well, I shouldn't tell you this, but I've got a rooming house set up for some of my young artists who want to leave home to escape returnee agreements." Mrs. Brown said, leaning in and whispering. "The only this is I'm sure the housemother would spank you more than your mom does and they all have work nude. A "naked artists at work" videocast help pays their rent until they hit it big."

"Um, no thanks." Sylvia whispered back.

Then a group approached them. A group of five women, ranging in age from mid-twenties to late thirties.

"Is this the artist?" Asked the lead one. "Is she specially dressed for the occasion or ..."

"She's a returnee herself." Mrs. Brown answered cheerfully. "And technically I'm babysitting her tonight so if she causes any trouble that trapdoor is coming down."

Laughter rang out as Sylvia fought a blush. She had known that Mrs. Brown was "in charge" but hadn't thought that there was any chance that the woman might spank her. Not until Mrs. Brown told her about that rooming house with the spanking housemother. Now she feared having her bottom bared on the night of her big opening.

After the laughter came a round of introductions, followed by some comments on her paintings.

"Tell me." Paula Tenniel, who was in her late 30s, asked. "Do you ever do commissions, or is that something we'd have to discuss with your parents?"

"It's specified in my agreement that my art time is my art time." Sylvia answered. "I even wear normal clothes while painting."

"And I handle her business arrangements." Mrs. Brown added.

"That's good." Paula purred. "I was wondering if I could hire you to do a couple of paintings of my niece Trish in your special motif. Maybe to use as a Christmas card."

"But I'm not a returnee." Trish laughed.

Trish was the youngest member of that circle and as Paula spoke, Sylvia could see the other women looking at Trish in a new light. Picturing the woman dressed as a young girl.

"Well you are staying with me and you're not working." Paula pointed out.

"But I'm only staying for a few weeks." Trish pointed out with a laugh. "A month at most. And I don't need to work, not with my trust fund."

Then the conversation changed to another subject and Sylvia was soon pulled to another group of 'people that she just had to meet'.

It was a few hours before Sylvia encountered that group again. They were standing in front of painting titled "Anxious Alice", that showed a woman dressed in Alice's traditional blue dress with the pinafore that was white and outlined in red. White stockings and Mary Jane shoes completed her outfit and her face had a worried expression as she dug one of her Mary Janes into the ground.

"Something like this." Paula was saying. "You in a dress like that. Don't you think you would look lovely?"

"Oh, she would."

"Definitely."

Maybe it was crowd's encouragement or maybe it was the champagne that Trish had been drinking, but the girl smiled and answered: "Well, maybe, for something like that."

"But no woman ever dresses like that by choice." Paula pointed out. "So we'd have to get you to sign an agreement, one with a hard end date. How long did you say were you were staying? A month? That's perfect. Plenty of time for our young artist to paint you."

"I'm sure I ..." Sylvia began to say.

"Oh, I've already talked this over with Mrs. Brown and she's agreed." Paula said, cutting Sylvia off. Then she turned back to her niece. "We can even write in that I won't be able to tell you do anything that isn't connected with those Alice paintings."

"You will? Then what's the harm?" Trish said, studying the painting carefully. "Yes, I'd probably look wonderful in that outfit. It sounds fun."

"Sylvia honey, have you been to the bathroom yet?" Paula said, turning to the artist once more. "Perhaps I should take you."

'Oh, I don't have to..."

Sylvia's comment on the state of her bladder was ignored as Paula marched her to the bathroom. Sylvia wanted to die when the older woman entered the stall with her, but Paula just unbuttoned Sylvia's trapdoor and plopped her on the toilet.

"We can talk while you tinkle." Paula told her. "In case you're wondering, I have seen the other two paintings in that series."

Sylvia nodded. They weren't hung together, but the next one, "Alice's Worry", showed why Alice had been anxious - the girl was face down over a lap with her dress up and her panties nowhere to be seen which meant her reddish pink bum was showing. Then there was "Alice's Aftermath", which showed the girl with her dress pinned up in back. Alice's red backside was clearly visible as the girl sobbed in a corner.

"And historically Alice was preteen." Paula continued. "Which is why no one thought it was dirty when an unmarried man took such an interest in her. During her stay with me I'll be returning my niece to preteen status and you will be expected to reproduce all three pictures with her as the subject. Do you have a problem with that?"

Sylvia knew that there was only one answer she could give.

"No ma'am. I don't have a problem with that. As you can see from Jane's bath time pictures..."

"Fine." Paula said, not caring to hear more. "The arrogance of that girl! Of course she has a trust fund but that doesn't mean she should walk around doing nothing more than taking up space. Maybe a month of being a naughty little girl will teach her to be a better big girl."

With those words, Paula left her. Just opened the stall door and walked, leaving Sylvia sitting on the toilet.

'Well at least she didn't spank me and she is paying me so that's something.' Sylvia thought as she kicked the door close.

Later, when doing Trish's portraits, Sylvia discovered the missing word in the phrase "at least she didn't spank me" was "yet". That every time after Trish was done showing her bum during corner time Sylvia's freshly red bottom replaced it.

'At least the money is good.' Sylvia thought through her tears. 'Every penny is one step closer to leaving home. And I don't have to wear a chest flattener like Trish. That poor girl even has to sleep in that reduction harness.'

Focusing on the positive points, Sylvia rubbed the sting out of her bottom then went home to where her mommy was waiting for her.

Goodgulf

Often123

Re: Returning To... An artist's tale

Post by Often123 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:27 am

Ah the things an artist must do. ;) This was a good followup to the previous story.

goodgulf

Post by goodgulf » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:59 am

Often123 wrote:Ah the things an artist must do. ;) This was a good followup to the previous story.
Thanks.

With the world building finished in the first story I could jot this one off without a lot narrative. Which is good, because some of my stories have so much world building that the spanking is crowded out by the world.

Goodgulf

johncook

Post by johncook » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:32 pm

You should have had her spanked at the art show,

goodgulf

Post by goodgulf » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:11 am

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

I thought about doing that but decided that it would set the stage for Trish's punishment. As Sylvia is punished when Trish is I thought that I would leave that alone and make Trish slightly more sympathetic.

Goodgulf

jillybean28

Post by jillybean28 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:54 pm

Great story i love these story's you should do a bunch of them.

goodgulf

Post by goodgulf » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:01 pm

I'm glad you like it.

I'm working on and off on another one set in this world. Basically, a girl band built around the idea of "returnee rock" is going strong when a lawsuit accuses them of fraud because they aren't actually returnees. The easiest solution is for them to sign agreements and become returnees for real. Which gives them a choice - leave the world of rock and roll or become returnees.

It's partly inspired by the "play back" scandal from the 80s when various artists were sued for fraud because they didn't actually play during their "live concerts".

Goodgulf

nray999

Post by nray999 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:04 pm

I wish you good speed in finishing that story. The "returnee" world is one of my favorites, right up there with the county line and Sylvan stories.

goodgulf

Post by goodgulf » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:39 pm

I really should... But I'm also working on the World Hopper one I posted to my blog. My new goal is to finish some of the stories I've been working on.

jillybean28

Post by jillybean28 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:51 pm

Please keep writing these type of stories I love them and wait checking every day for new ones.