White Out Day Two - Part One

Please post new stories here!
Forum rules
No Negative or Illegal Posting! Read stories and give each feedback!
naughtylilgirl09

White Out Day Two - Part One

Post by naughtylilgirl09 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:57 pm

The White Out Day Two - A Nat and Alyssa Story

Alyssa awoke to the brightness of the sun streaming through the window, or at least a muted version of it. The snow was apparently still falling and falling strong. She was in bed, and it wasn’t her bed. Her brain was not moving, or if It was it was crawling at a snails pace. She was coming out of a deep sleep which was strange because she hadn’t had one of those in…years. Where was she? And what had happened yesterday? Come on brain, she urged, work. This was why she never let herself fall into the relaxing deep sleep that physicians kept telling her would be so healthy. They took way too long to come out of. Rolling over onto her back she felt a sudden pain. She quickly turned back onto her stomach and the pain went away. She frowned, and willed her brain to wake up faster. It was if the last 24 hours were a blur. The last thing she remembered was getting into an argument with Teresa, her bitch of a supervisor. She couldn’t wait until that pig-headed, snobby, yet under-education witch was transferred to another division or moved to another agency.

Her yelling match with the dragon in heels still didn’t explain the tenderness of her bottom. Why all of a sudden any sort of contact to the skin made her want to cry out in pain. She thought, and thought, which ultimately consisted at her looking at the top of her eyelids as if looking into her brain and demanding her memory to work. A few minutes later she still had nothing. Maybe she had imagined it.

“That must be it,” Alyssa said to the empty room. Tossing her right hand up in a ‘whatever’ gesture, she laughed to herself and rolled onto her back. As soon as her bottom hit mattress, she yelped in pain and flipped back over again. “Okay,” she said, again to no one but herself. “Definitely didn’t imagine that one.” With the grim frown still on her face, she reached up and pulled the pillow closer, re-arranging it to be more comfortable under her head. Then an idea struck her. Of course! She was still dreaming! A person could feel pain in dreams, right?

That one she wasn’t sure of. She was certain they could feel emotions, she had woken herself of many times having yelling arguments with people in her dreams, only to find herself yelling at her bedroom. So this had to be something similar. “Yeah,” she said aloud, “that makes sense.” Closing her eyes, Alyssa decided the best way to solve this was to take a cat nap. When she awoke, again, it would be from a different dream, and everything would be back to normal.

It was already ten thirty in the morning, Nat noted, as he sipped his second cup of coffee. Where on earth was that child? He was fully aware that she was not fond of the morning hours, but he had expected her about an hour or so ago. Shaking his head, he continued to read the three month old edition of TIME magazine that he had found on the coffee table.

Outside the snow was coming down harder and faster than it had been the day before. It was going to be a brutal storm, he didn’t need the weather report to tell him that. He just thanked the heavens that the electricity hadn’t given out yet. The saying ‘it would be a cold day in hell,’ would become scarily accurate if he and Alyssa were stuck here without power, thus without heat.

While he was turning the pages of the magazine every so often, his mind was elsewhere. He had to wonder, what today would be like? Not even the day, the morning, the first conversation? No where in his mind could he come up with a rationale for what had happened last night. Alyssa was a student, technically former student, but he would never not see her as anything but the bratty undergrad kid that he was constantly having to track down, lecture, and essentially parent. She lives next door, he continued to think to himself, she is an adult. She has the personal maturity of an eight year old. None of this made any sense what so ever.

He glanced down at the bite mark that was still visible. A grown adult, acting like an eight year old child. That’s what she was. But, if she came downstairs this morning, angry at him for last night, would that be enough of a rationale?

Alyssa opened her eyes once again, her brain still filled with cobwebs. While she was unsure how long she had slept, she was quite aware that it was longer than the ten minutes that she had intended to. Though she was quite sure she was fully awake from whatever haywire dream she was having, she was still cautious as she slowly turned on to her back in an effort to get out of the bed.

The pain was still there. The minute she felt it she quickly turned back onto her stomach. Burying her face into the pillow she screamed as loud as she could. That, at least, seemed to jolt her brain into motion. A few seconds later her thoughts clicked into place.

“White out,” she said out loud. “There was a white out yesterday. I rode the metro yesterday and there was a white out. The bus stopped running…I’m at Nat’s house.”

Not moving from the safe position of laying on her stomach she looked around the room as much as possible. “Oh, I’m definitely at Nat’s house,” she said to herself. “Or at least not mine.”

Her brain was waking up, starting to move, and the memory of the previous evening was coming in clearer. All of a sudden Alyssa remembered. He had spanked her. Quickly rolling back over onto her back and then practically leaping out of the bed in order to spare herself any pain she darted across the small room to the standing full length mirror in the corner. Penn state t-shirt, yup that wasn’t hers. Yanking the shirt up and pulling down her panties at the same time she turned around and then craned her neck over her should to try and see the reflection.

It wasn’t nearly as much as she had expected. Her bottom was still a little pink and a possibly one or two outlines from where the hair brush had smacked her. It was hard to tell given the old burn scars from when she was a toddler. She had been sitting on the counter while her baby sitter was making Jello, the glass bowl had broken when the hot water was poured in.

Righting her clothes Alyssa turned around and stared at her reflection in the mirror. Technically the only logical option was to go downstairs. Was Nat still mad at her? Would she have to talk about what happened last night? Unsure of herself she just starred at the reflection until even her mirror image thought she was pathetic. When that happened, she gave a large sigh, turned and walked downstairs.

Nat was sitting at the table in the kitchen drinking a cup of coffee. There were three different boxes of cereal on the table and an empty bowl sitting out. Alyssa could smell the coffee. He looked up when he heard her enter. “Morning,” he said. He doesn’t look mad, she thought to herself. Still she didn’t move past the door jam.
Nat pushed a chair out from underneath the table for her, “breakfast?”

“I’m really sorry about yesterday,” Alyssa responded.

“I know,” Nat told her. “We talked about it last night, come eat.”

That damn tone and that stupid facial expression, Alyssa thought to herself. If he could just vary either one of those just a bit she would have so much of an easier time telling, well what she wasn’t sure, but she was sure her life would be easier.

Frowning, she clutched the molding around the door as she contemplated what to do. He said that he knew she was sorry. Did that mean that he wasn’t mad? No, her brain told her, all it means is that he is aware that you are sorry. Don’t be stupid.

But, she thought to herself, he also said that we talked about it last night, which we did. Last night he said he forgave me. Her brain chimed in, yes he did, but he totally could have changed his mind by now. Alyssa tossed the arguments back and forth in her head for a bit, finally settling on the fact that Nat had said he forgave her, and Nat was the most honest person that she knew. It had to be true. But a bit of caution was also warranted for this situation. After all, she had bitten and kicked him yesterday. Having those two incidents flash through her mind, she inwardly groaned. He had to be mad. Apprehensively Alyssa walked over to the table and sat down in the open chair. He seemed like he wasn’t angry, but how could he not be?

Nat watched her as she sat down. She was cautious. Nervous. Again, very un-Alyssa like qualities. It almost made him nervous, especially given that she had sat down, was staring at her hands, and hadn’t said a word. The Alyssa he was used to was nearly incapable to being quiet for more than two minutes. Reaching over he moved the empty bowl towards her, “cereal?”

“No thanks,” Alyssa responded, still looking at her hands.

Whether she liked it or not she was going to eat cereal, but Nat figured whatever awkward conversation they needed to have should probably happen first. So he went back to attempting to read the TIME magazine and left her to her thoughts. It wasn’t more than a few minutes later that he heard her say, “about uh yesterday, can we talk about that?”

He closed the magazine, placed it on the table and looked over at her, attempting to let her know she had his full attention. “Of course,” he said. He foot was bouncing on the floor and left hand was now tapping nervously on the table.

“Uh, yeah, see, um, well,” Alyssa’s eyes were darting all over the room, the finger tapping speeding up. He reached over and placed his large hand over hers silencing the room. Her foot had stopped as well. She looked over at him, shock in her eyes. “Alyssa,” he said, looking directly into her eyes. “Last night I told you that I forgave you and that we would start fresh today, and I meant it. I am not angry with you, I am not mad at you. Do you understand?”

She simply nodded, but Nat was proud of her that she maintained eye contact. He was quite aware of how difficult that seemed to be for her in these types of situations.

“Last night,” he began, the moment he spoke the words she looked down at her hands. Nat smiled to himself, he knew that it would happen eventually. “Alyssa look at me,” he said as firmly as he could without sounding what she deemed ‘scary’. It took her a few minutes but she did finally raise her head up to meet his gaze. “Last night,” he began again, checking to ensure he still had her eye contact. He did. “before you went upstairs, I had already forgiven you. When I came to say good night to you, you asked me to,” Nat paused, unsure of exactly how to word this one. He decided to go with the honest, raw, truth. “To punish you for the evenings earlier events, to spank you as I had threatened to earlier in the day.” He could see her head start to drop and he reached out and caught her chin, forcing her head back up to keep their gazes level.

He could see the embarrassment in her eyes, mixed with some sort of fear, he wasn’t sure of what. He glanced over to the side as he gathered his thoughts once again. Looking back at her, he said, “I agreed to do so…you told me that you wanted to know what it felt like to feel completely forgiven.” He felt Alyssa try to nod her head. “That is the only reason,” he stopped again. Was it the only reason that he agreed to spank her? He had forgiven her earlier but he also wouldn’t argue that she had certainly deserved that spanking. He thought for another second and then let go of her chin and began again, “what you need to do now, is learn to forgive yourself.”

Alyssa was surprised when he let go of the firm hold that he had on her chin. She usually hated it when people did that. Not that many had, maybe two or three in her life time. But still, it was so demanding. This time though, the moment he let go, she feared the next words that he was about to say.

“What you need to do now, is learn to forgive yourself,” he told her, a small smile on his face. She felt him pat her hand that had been resting on the table, give it a small squeeze and then let go completely removing his arm from the long stretch across the table.

Unsure of what to do, she went back to staring at her lap as she processed all of this in her head. He wasn’t mad, he forgave her, he still said today was a fresh start, he wanted her to learn to forgive herself, and he hadn’t said that he couldn’t believe he had spanked her yesterday or anything like that. It only took about ten seconds to process before she jumped out of the chair, walked the one step over to Nat and flung her arms around his neck. “Thank you,” she whispered to, again, no one in particular.

Her brain chimed in, it is moments like these that make you paranoid about whether or not he might think you are a crazy person. She felt him pat her back a few times and her brain continued, that would be the ‘there is a crazy person hugging me and I’m not sure why’ pat on the back.

Alyssa burst out laughing and stepped back. She really did crack herself up at very inopportune moments. Sliding back into her chair, she attempted to stop the laughter, however it only seemed to make her laugh harder.

Finally she got herself under control, looked at Nat and said, “thank you for,” now it was her turn to pause. She closed her eyes a second and then looked straight at him. “Thank you for what you did last night, thank you for…spanking me” she felt her eye brows go inwards towards her nose as she realized how strange that one sounded, “because I asked you to,” she added trying to lessen the strangeness, and failing, “even though it might have sounded crazy,” she was full into Alyssa style babbling at this point. “Because I really needed it,” she saw Nat’s eyebrows go up on that one, “um, well no, I mean not like that, no I mean, like that, because I totally deserved it, but not like that because um,” talking with her hands became comical every time her babbling kicked in. Alyssa was well aware of this, and at this moment, because she was lacking words, she had her right hand in the air, her eyes looking up at the ceiling hoping for divine inspiration and essentially looked like a statue in the kitchen. “well, yeah, see” she accented word pointed in the air with her index finger hoping to buy time to think of something to actually say. Sweeping that right hand in a semi circle above her head she finished with “ya know what I mean,” and then dropped her arm into her lap.

This was the first Alyssa-babble moment that Nat had experienced outside of his office. His normal response was to force himself to keep a stern look on his face as he continued to lay down the law about whatever was going on. This time, when she looked up at him after finishing, he blinked twice and broke out laughing. Luckily so did Alyssa.

When he calmed down he looked over at his former student and replied, “you’re welcome and yes, while it frightens me that I do, I know what you mean.” He smiled at her, and she burst out laughing once again.
Nat chuckled but did not join her in the full out laughter. He found the funny in his remarks, probably as much as she had. It was more that because the awkwardness had past, he was psyching himself up for the next event of the day: breakfast.

It had not been as rambunctious of a moment as the previous one and Alyssa quieted within thirty or forty seconds. Reaching across the table, Nat once again moved the bowl in front of her. “Cereal,” he said, this time not making it a question.

The look that appeared on her face reassured him that everything was A-ok. It was a classic Alyssa-who-are-you-to-tell-me-what-do look. She pushed the bowl an inch or so away from her and replied, “I’m really not a breakfast person, I’ll just grab some coffee.”

She moved to get up, but he was faster. Nat reached over and yanked her back into the chair. “What the hell are you doing?!” an outraged Alyssa demanded.

Moving his chair forward a few inches, he leaned in to be able to talk directly to her. “In my house, you eat breakfast, you eat all three meals, and you do not live on caffeine. Now you are going to pick a cereal, fill that bowl with it, and sit there until it’s empty!” He roared at her, his patience beginning to wear.

“I don’t live on caffeine!” She spat back at him as she tried to yank her arm free.

“Alyssa,” Nat said rolling his eyes. They both knew that was a lie, she had a standing order at five different starbucks.

“I don’t!” she repeated indignantly, once again attempting to yank free of his grip.

Alyssa pulled with all her strength even though she knew it was a lost cause. He was what, twice her size? Plus he grew up on a farm or something so he was mega strong. While she did her best to avoid the gym and still managed to stay thin and lose weight. But seriously, just because they were stuck in this house together doesn’t mean he got to play nutritionist.

House! Her brain chimed in. That was it right there. “Well if you remember correctly I didn’t want to be in your damn house in the first place,” she snarled back at him. “Now let go!”

He didn’t. Did you really expect him to? She asked herself. She watched as a dark cloud seemed to pass over his face.

“That’s one,” he said.

What am I doing? Why am I provoking this? Despite all the pleas from the reasonable side of her brain it just wasn’t enough.

“I’m sorry,” she said, using the super sweet sarcastic voice everyone hated, as she brought up her free arm from her side so she could use it to emphasize her words. For some reason she hadn’t mastered talking without talking using her hands. “Do, do you not remember yesterday?” She threw him her best look of fake concern. “See what happened was I was trying! To go! Home!” The last word was nicely highlighted with a perfectly placed kick to Nat’s thigh. She would have preferred his shin, but given that she wasn’t wearing shoes, that most likely would have hurt her more that him.

He yelled out in pain, but didn’t release her arm. Check, she thought to herself, kick attempted and failed. She watched as Nat repositioned himself in the chair moving himself out of harms way. “That’s two,” he said, his voice eerily quiet.

“Oh look, it can count,” she replied, the sarcastic voice and look still present. That voice had thrown her off just a bit though. It’s the angry quiet tone, she realized. Only one other person had ever used that tone with her, it had been years ago but she would never forget it. Coach Frank Brady, she had probably spent the majority of her childhood years with him and not with her parents. That tone, Alyssa had actually feared that tone. If she ever heard it, she knew she was in trouble.

But Nat isn’t Frank, her brain reasoned. There isn’t any possibly way that anyone can be like Frank. She was correct about that. He was one of a kind. Looking over at Nat she said, “fine, you win, I’ll eat cereal.”

Nat continued to stare at her for a moment or so before he let go of her arm. Something was up. Alyssa never gave up that easily. But if he questioned her about it, well that would only make things worse. “All right,” he said as he got up. “I’m glad we were able to work that out with minimal damage.”

As he retrieved the milk from the refrigerator for her, he watched Alyssa pour some of the corn puffs into the bowl. “Me too,” she replied, her tone still not ringing one hundred percent true.

He poured milk into the bowl and returned the carton to the fridge before returning to his seat at the table.
She was stirring the cereal. A few seconds later she actually took a spoonful of it. Was it actually possible that this day might be calm? She had a look of disgust on her face as she swallowed that first bite. Looking over at him she asked tentatively, “can I put some sugar in this?”

“Sure,” Nat said, moving to get up.

“No that’s okay,” she said, jumping up. “I’ll do it.” Nat simply raised his eyebrows and pointed to the canister on the counter that contained the sugar. The sacharine smile remained on her face as she waltzed over to the far corner of the kitchen that held the baking supplies. He spent a few minutes watching as she carefully added pinches of sugar at a time, adding, stirring, tasting, frowning, and adding again. By the fifth time she added a pinch of sugar, no more than an eight of a teaspoon, it seemed easier to stare at a magazine than watch this mind numbing process.

And stare at a magazine he did. For the life of him he couldn’t concentrate on reading the thing. Something was going to happen, she was playing a game. He could hear her walking back to the table. ‘About damn time,’ he thought to himself, ‘how much sugar did she put into that thing?’ Not glancing up he attempted to now focus on the actual text of the magazine.

Seconds later he felt a sudden cold dampness on his legs. Looking down he saw an entire serving of corn puffs, milk and about half a cup of sugar floating on his lap.

Alyssa had to admit, the satisfaction she felt after dumping the hideous bowl of cereal into his lap was amazing. The feeling quickly dissipated when he stared down at the cereal and didn’t look up. The longer he stared the more nervous she became. When he finally raised his head she held up the bowl and, as confidently as possible, said, “empty!”

He was silent. She hated silent. Why can’t he just yell? When he doesn’t yell then I start to babble and sound like an idiot. Oh please, just let him yell. He didn’t. She gulped and was about to start what would soon most likely turn into some long drawn out babbling incident when he spoke first. “Alyssa, go to your room.”

“It’s not my room,” she replied quickly. She wanted to smack herself on the forehead and did so mentally. That would be the one time when she hadn’t wanted to argue back. It was like some reflex or something.

Apparently he was used to her, she noted, because it didn’t seem to phase him much. “Alyssa, go to the room you are staying in,” he repeated. She opened her mouth to speak, but cut her off. “Now.”

After quickly weighing her options she turned and walked out of the kitchen, up the stairs and went into the guest room. Apparently her room. Closing the door, she leaned against it, and slumped down onto the floor. “What have I done” she whispered to herself? She pulled her knees up to her chest, buried her head into them and began to cry. How could she be this stupid?

angelkitten

Re: White Out Day Two - Part One

Post by angelkitten » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:16 am

Good Story, Keep it going :)

mischief_maker8

Post by mischief_maker8 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:23 pm

Looking forward to the next part.

Bullseye

Post by Bullseye » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:20 pm

Love this! The characters are really interesting.

spoiledbrat1323

Post by spoiledbrat1323 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:51 pm

Oh my goodness, you have to post the next part soon. I am totally enthralled! Keep it coming!