The Current Path: A Nat and Alyssa Story - Part Six FINAL

Please post new stories here!
Forum rules
No Negative or Illegal Posting! Read stories and give each feedback!
naughtylilgirl09

Post by naughtylilgirl09 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:40 pm

The time passed quickly. Nat knew she was eager to get back to that list. However, she didn’t bring it up. Because she was so good about it, he didn’t bring Alicia into the conversation. By the end of the second evening, Alyssa was sitting comfortably. Her spirits were back up. She was even making the occasional smart mouth retort. By the time they sat down to eat dinner, she was on the verge of giving him more attitude than he was comfortable with. It was obvious that she was hungry. Alyssa had tossed the napkin on her lap and grabbed the fork, ready to eat. Nat was running at a more leisurely pace. Especially since he could anticipate what would happen. Holding the corner of the napkin, he tossed it open and spread it out across his lap.

“Alyssa,” he said calmly.

“Hmm,” she acknowledged, her mouth full of food.

Nat gave her a hard stare. She reached for the glass of water, took a sip, swallowed the contents in her mouth, and replied, “yes?”

He gave a small nod, letting her know that she’d done the right thing. “I meant what I said,” he picked up a piece of bread and spread some butter on it. “I am not going to address any items off that list until tomorrow when two days have passed.”

He watched her roll her eyes and silently shook his head. Putting the bread next to his plate, he carefully placed the knife down, so it was balanced on the edge of the circular dish. “In no way does that mean, Alyssa,” he said her name to make sure that he had her attention. “That I will hesitate to put you over my knee for the attitude you’ve been giving me this past hour.”

She made a small gasp and looked at him. “I suggest you check that attitude,” he told her. Tearing off a piece of bread, he popped it into his mouth and chewed, giving her a moment to let her thoughts stew. “We can have a nice dinner and a pleasant evening,” Nat continued, keeping his voice gentle. “That’s what I’d like to do, Lyssa. I don’t know about you.”

He watched as she struggled with something internally for a moment. Then sat up in her chair and looked at him. She attempted a smile, but he could see the hesitance there. “I’d like that,” she told him. “I’m sorry about earlier.”

“Just check the attitude, Lyssa,” Nat reached out and patted her hand. “As long as you reign it in now, we’re all good.”

She nodded and he knew there was something else. But she didn’t attempt to tell him. Alyssa didn’t move to tell him, or to pick up her fork. Nothing.

“What’s on that mind of yours,” Nat asked her.

“Could I tell you later,” she asked, looking up at him.

Nat thought about it. When it came to Alyssa, that type of question required actual consideration. What he didn’t know, what she didn’t tell him, or wanted to tell him later, often led to problems. “No,” he said after a moment. Reaching over, he took her chin and turned her head so that he could actually see her. While he could tell something from her tone, body language, and facial expressions, when it came down to it, everything about Alyssa was said with her eyes. Looking at her, he saw a good deal of worry in those eyes.

“What’s troubling you, sweetheart,” Nat asked her. “I know it’s not the upcoming few days. You’ve nearly been jumping out of your skin to finish the last punishments on that list. So, tell me what’s going on?”

He watched her gulp in apprehension and set down her spoon. Nat let go of her chin, giving her time. Alyssa needed time; he’d learned that about her. He watched as she pulled a piece of bread into tiny little pieces and dropped it into the soup.

She sighed, and then looked up at him. “It’s actually a few things,” she said nervously. If her tone hadn’t indicated how nervous she was, her face did. Nat reached over and took her hand. Giving it a gentle squeeze, he nodded, letting her know that a few things were okay.

In his mind, he prepared for about twenty items. After all, when Alyssa wanted to talk about one thing, that usually meant five. So, a few things would most likely mean twenty or more. He watched her carefully. Whatever these were, they were making her nervous. “Sometimes, the best thing to do is just spit it out,” he told her.

“Um, okay,” she said, turning to face him and then squeezing her eyes shut.

Nat bit the inside of his cheek to prevent the chuckle from escaping his lips. That was Alyssa. Turning to face you, even though she wasn’t going to look at you. “I mean, I just was wondering um, why do you want to know about Alicia? Or, I guess, do I really have to tell you more about Alicia and all that?” she asked him. Her eyes were still squeezed shut, which meant there was more.

If that was the first item, Nat knew it was because it was the easiest for her to ask. And if that was the easiest, he couldn’t begin to imagine the others. Of everything that he’d expected her to ask, that was not even within the realm of possibilities. He supposed he should have expected it to be.

He turned his attention back to her. She’d just squeezed her eyes closed tighter if that was possible. “And uh, this isn’t a question, really, but, you know when you left the one morning because I said something horrible and I really am sorry, I was really scared that you weren’t coming back and for some reason I needed you to know that.”

Nat was shocked for a moment and then realized how much sense it made. He was about to take her into his arms when he noticed her eyes were still squeezed shut. There was more? “And last, I was wondering, um, like everything left on that list, it’s a lot, and I, I mean, I know I deserve to be punished severely for each item, but I, I just wanted to ask if you might consider one or two punishments that would be like all-inclusive? Just because….well, I just wanted to ask.”

Nat watched as Alyssa opened one eye carefully. She looked from side to side and then opened the other eye. Again, she looked around before letting her gaze settle on him. That lasted for ten seconds before she looked down at her lap.

“Alyssa,” he said quietly.

“Alyssa,” Nat said, his voice quiet.

Alyssa forced herself to look up at him. It wasn’t easy. She wasn’t sure what she expected to see. “Just because, what?” Nat asked.

“I can’t, it’s really stupid,” she told him. “I shouldn’t have said that one, I shouldn’t have said any of them. I should have respected the fact that you’re in charge and whatever you decide is going to happen, that is what is going to happen. I’m so sorry.”

Nat placed his hand over her mouth at that point, effectively preventing anything else from coming out of her mouth. “Alyssa,” he said calmly. “I’m glad that you understand that I am in charge and that ultimately I will decide what is going to happen.”

She felt his hand fall away.

“That doesn’t mean I don’t want to know your thoughts on things, on what you would like to happen, your opinions. As long as you communicate them in a way that is not disrespectful, then, of course, I want your input. Otherwise,” she watched him think for a moment. “Otherwise, it would be like my giving you lemonade to drink every single day, thinking that you loved lemonade. When really, because you didn’t think you were allowed to say anything, you were gagging and drinking this horrible lemonade that gave you stomach aches and that you couldn’t stand the taste of. Because you really preferred iced tea or orange juice. But, I didn’t know that and you didn’t think you were allowed to tell me.”

Alyssa found herself giggling at the example. When she saw Nat smile, she knew that her laughter was okay. “It seems trivial, and perhaps is an exaggeration, but you get my point, sweetheart. I want to know your thoughts, and I don’t have any issue with you sharing them, as long as it is the correct time, and done so respectfully.”

Alyssa nodded, thinking to herself ‘so probably not in the middle of a punishment.’

“Now,” Nat took her hand and squeezed gently. It was such a comforting feeling. She could never explain why, either. “With that last request. Because, what?”

Alyssa closed her eyes, she felt Nat still holding her hand. “Because,” she took a deep breath and squeezed her eyes shut. “Because,” she repeated. “I know there is only a limited time left on this trip and I, um, I was hoping, or, not that I deserve it, but, I thought it might be nice to spend like a day or something with you where it wasn’t you punishing me.”

There was quiet. Alyssa very slowly opened her left eye. Nat was looking at her. She looked from the left to the right, back to the left, and then down at her lap. Cautiously, she opened her right eye. Without even realizing it, she moved her head back slightly, shrinking back from whatever fate might befall her. She braced herself for it. She didn’t realize it. Not until she looked at Nat.

Just as he had been a few seconds prior, he was looking at her. “I’m not going to hit you, Lyssa,” he said, quietly. “You don’t need to steel yourself for a slap or punch. Not from me.”

Hearing him say that, Alyssa felt her entire face relax. Her head moved forward the centimeter that she’d pulled it back. Yes, she realized. That was what she’d been doing. “I know,” she told him. “I don’t know why I do that. It’s automatic.”

When he smiled, she felt relief. The moment the words had left her mouth, she worried that he’d scold her for stating she didn’t know why she reacted that way. That wasn’t true and they both knew it.

“I know it is,” Nat patted her hand. “Work on remembering that you’re talking to me. Unless I’m mistaken, you don’t need to worry when talking to me.”

“No, I don’t,” Alyssa told him.

“Good,” he smiled at her.

“Good,” Nat told her. “Now, to address your requests.” He saw her blush and immediately looked depressed. “I haven’t said no, Alyssa,” he reminded her. She glanced up at him. “I haven’t even said that phrase that you hate, ‘I’ll think about it’” he added. When she smiled, he knew things were on the right track.

He looked at the table and saw how little of her meal she’d eaten. “Why don’t we finish eating before the food gets cold,” he decided. He could tell that she immediately decided that his suggestion to finish eating was another way of him saying ‘he’d think about it’. Nat had learned that telling Alyssa he’d think about something was as good as telling her no.

“Or,” he continued. “If you promise me that you will keep eating and finish your meal,” he gave her a mock ferocious look and she laughed. “Then, I will tell you my thoughts as we eat.”

“I promise,” she said quickly.

“Then pick up that spoon,” he instructed. Nat watched as she began to eat. He took a few spoonfuls of soup as well. Then, he quietly began to talk. “I’m going to start with the second item you told me.”

He stared at the bowl of soup until she got the message and continued eating.

“When I left that morning, I was not thinking about how it would make you feel, Alyssa. I was angry and I didn’t want to respond, either by saying or doing anything that would be hurtful or harmful to you. It did not cross my mind that you would have thought I was abandoning you. Hearing you tell me; it makes perfect sense why you would say that.”

He stopped and looked at the bowl of soup again. Alyssa sighed and continued eating.

“I’m sorry that I made you feel that way. I wish I had the forethought to tell you that I needed time away, but that I was coming back. I did not, in this situation. I will try to be better about that in the future.”

Reaching over, he placed his hand on top of Alyssa’s, stopping her from eating for a moment.

“Lyssa,” Nat kept his voice quiet. “I want to be sure that you hear me.”

She looked up at him.

“I am sorry that I hurt you. It was not intentional. I am not going to abandon you. You do not have to worry about whether your misbehavior is going to cause me to throw up my hands, and say, ‘I’ve had enough’ and decide to leave and not come back.”

Looking into her eyes, Nat could see that was the exact fear that she had.

“If I leave, Alyssa, it’s because I need time to cool down. Time to think about how to handle a situation. I need space because I don’t want to say something in the heat of the moment. Something that is said out of emotion, but that will hurt you. If I leave, I will come back. You do not need to worry about that.”

Nat still saw doubt there. He smiled, realizing the one thing he hadn’t mentioned. “Alyssa,” he let go of his spoon and took her small hand in both of his. “You do not need to worry about whether your behavior will cause me to decide not to keep you in my life. That isn’t going to happen.” He gave a small grin and wiggled his eyebrows. “You do need to worry about whether your behavior is going to make it possible for you to sit comfortably. I’m not going to get rid of you if you misbehave, sweetheart. Will I spank you? Yes. But, I do that because I want you to learn how to behave. Understand?”

He saw her nod.

“Really,” Nat asked her. “Would you understand better if you came over here and gave me a hug?”

She nodded faster. Nat laughed. “Well, then I guess you’d better come and give me a hug, then.”

Alyssa was out of her chair and in his arms in seconds. He held her close. Rather than sending her back to her seat, Nat picked her up and held her in his lap, pulling her bowl of soup over to where he was sitting. He handed her the spoon, indicating that she needed to continue eating. He’d finished his own meal a few minutes prior.

“Your first question,” he continued, no longer able to see her face. “Rather questions. Why do I want to know about Alicia? I don’t specifically want to know about Miss Kranston. I’m more interested in the dance league and how she is connected to it. Do you have to tell me about her? Have to? As in, am I going to put you over my knee and spank you until you tell me? No, Alyssa, I do not plan to do that. In that sense, you do not have to.”

Nat swore that he heard her give a sigh of relief.

“Would I appreciate you answering some questions and giving me some insight into things related to the dance league or team, and how Miss Kranston is connected to it?” he continued. “Yes, I would appreciate it. As you know, Alicia and I did not have the greatest relationship.” He heard Alyssa snort and smiled. “I cannot see myself getting information from her. So, while you do not have to tell me, I would appreciate it.”

Nat felt her curl into his chest. "Okay," she told him. He wrapped his arm around her and gave a gentle squeeze, before leaning down and placing a kiss on top of her head.

Alyssa leaned back against Nat. “Okay,” she said quietly. She knew that he heard her when he gave her a hug and then leaned down and pressed a kiss on her head.

“And that last item,” he said to her. “I’m not opposed to it.” Alyssa felt him turning her so that he could see her. “I’m not opposed to it at all, Lyssa. So, here is what we’re going to do.”

Alyssa felt herself holding her breath like she was waiting for a bomb to drop.

“You and I are going to have an enjoyable quiet evening together,” Nat told her. “We’re going to turn in early. So that we both get a good night of sleep. Also, so that we each have some time to think before falling asleep tonight.”

Whenever he said the word think, it never seemed to amount to anything good, Alyssa thought to herself.

“Tomorrow morning,” he told her, lifting her chin up. “We’re going to eat breakfast. There will be no talk about any punishments or discipline. Unless someone misbehaves.” Alyssa could feel herself blushing.

She heard Nat chuckle. “We’ll have a peaceful, pleasant breakfast. Then, once the dishes are cleared away, I am going to sit right where I am now. You will stand in front of me and tell me what your punishment should be.”

Hearing this, Alyssa drew away from him so quickly she nearly fell off his lap. She was lucky that he probably expected it and caught her. “You, you usually decide that,” she told him. Alyssa saw the…she wasn’t even sure what it was. Laughter? Amusement? Seriousness?

“I do,” he told her. “I have the list that has already been made up. I will also come up with an alternative option for getting the entire thing done in one day. However, I’m not likely to use what I come up with.”

“Why not,” Alyssa asked, surprised at how close she was to whining. She could see on Nat’s face how surprised he was too.

“That tone of voice makes me think someone needs a nap,” he commented. “Right now, it’s because I said so.”

Alyssa made a face. She didn’t care if he saw it. When he smacked her bottom, she knew he saw it. “Now, we can try and enjoy what is left of the evening,” Nat’s voice was firm, and she recognized the tone. “Or someone can go stand in the corner. What’s it going to be?”

“I’d like to try and enjoy the rest of the evening,” she said quietly.

“I’d like to try and enjoy the rest of the evening,” Alyssa said quietly. Nat recognized it as her little girl voice.

“Good,” he remarked. “Why don’t you help me clear these dishes, yes?”

Alyssa nodded and stood up, gathering her own dishes and walking them into the kitchen. After placing them in the sink, she turned and bumped into Nat. She hadn’t heard him come up behind her. She took his dishes and placed them in the sink as well, running hot water on them. It took ten minutes to clean them. Alyssa washed and Nat dried.

She wasn’t sure what he had in mind when it came to a relaxing evening. Nat took her hand and guided her out of the cabin. She let him. It still amazed her that she let him do so much. She trusted him to be in charge and in control.

Once they were outside, Alyssa realized that they were going to the large rock behind the cabin. It was close to sunset, she bet that it would be pretty to see. They walked around the cabin in silence. Alyssa was slightly unsure of her footing when it came to the short dirt trail that led to the massive rock. Nat made sure that she was okay. She felt safe with him.

‘That is the word,’ she thought to herself. ‘Safe. I feel safe with Nat.’

He took a seat on the large rock and helped her climb on. Once she was up there, Nat wrapped his arms around her, quietly assuring her that he wasn’t going to let her fall. Alyssa was thankful for that. She used to be such an adventurer, but for some reason, climbing on a huge rock was intimidating.

“Hey Nat,” she said after a moment.

“Hey Alyssa,” he replied.

She smiled. “Can I ask you a question?”

“I believe you have that ability, yes,” he told her.

Alyssa was glad he couldn’t see her when she rolled her eyes. “May I ask you a question,” she rephrased.

“Yes, you may,” he chuckled.

“I know what you said and everything,” Alyssa brought her hands together and started to pick at her nails. “But, why did you insist on stopping everything? You could have just kept going and finished everything.”

She felt Nat take one of her hands into his and squeeze it. “I suppose you’re correct,” he said to her. “I could have, meaning I have the ability.”

Alyssa giggled at that.

“I am not going to beat you to a bloody pulp, Alyssa,” he said quietly. She recognized it as his serious tone. “When I spank you, it’s because I want you to learn a lesson regarding your behavior and your actions. Sometimes there is a fine line between punishment and abuse. Not always, but sometimes.”

“What do you mean,” Alyssa felt her nose wrinkle with confusion.

“What do you mean,” Alyssa asked him.

“Well,” Nat reached for her other hand and squeezed that one as well. He knew that it gave her reassurance and confidence when he did. “Let’s say, you were disrespectful multiple times. You were warned about your behavior and continued to be disrespectful. What happens then?”

“I get a spanking,” Alyssa said dryly.

Nat laughed, “that’s right. I put you over my knee and spank you with my hand, possibly the hairbrush. If you were beyond horribly disrespectful, you might bend over the side of your bed for a handful of strokes with the belt. Does that sound about right?”

“Yeah,” she said. He could tell from her tone she didn’t like thinking about it.

“That punishment that I just described, it’s pretty easy to tell that it’s not abuse. It hasn’t reached that level in severity where it might cross over from punishment to abuse,” he explained. “Unless someone is spanking with all of their strength and for large amounts of time, which isn’t spanking at all. That’s just abuse, plain and simple.”

“Okay,” he felt her nod. “That makes sense.”

“Good,” Nat leaned down and kissed the top of her head. “When you’re looking at multiple punishments, then yes, that line is going to be there. I’m not going to abuse you Alyssa. Just like, I wouldn’t push through to that third day. Because you would not learn anything about your behavior. It would not result in you growing up and becoming a better person. You would be in pain. That’s what you would remember. Not the reason you were spanked, but the pain. It would cause you to fear me. There could possibly be long term harm to you. I care about you too much, Lyssa, to allow any of that to happen.”

He felt her try and snuggle in close to him. It wasn’t easy to do while sitting on a rock. “I understand,” she said quietly. Nat looked down at her. She seemed to be thinking. So, he looked out at the water. Whatever she wanted to tell him, she’d do so when she was ready.

“Alicia doesn’t hate you, you know,” he heard her say. He looked down and saw Alyssa looking up at him. He raised an eyebrow in response.

“She doesn’t,” Alyssa told him again. “You remind her…and me, sort of, but more her of Frank.”

“Frank,” Nat said the name aloud trying to place it. “The coach?”

He saw Alyssa nod. “Yeah,” she replied. “You’re both very, um, in charge.”

Nat started to laugh. Alyssa joined in a few seconds later. “In charge, eh,” he said. “I’d feel more in charge if a certain someone would listen to me more often.” He tickled her to make sure she knew he was joking. Alyssa was very ticklish, and she began to laugh and attempt to squirm away.

“I listen to you, way more than Alicia ever listens to Frank,” she hooted with laughter.

“Oh really,” Nat continued to tickle, glad to hear her laugh.

“Yes, really!” she laughed and laughed. The sun was setting, and they would have to go in soon.

Nat lifted her down from the rock and carefully climbed off. Taking her hand, he began to lead her back inside. He had more questions but decided to wait. With the sun going down it was getting cool out. It was time to settle in for the evening. Give Alyssa time to work out her punishment for the next day. He already knew that was going to be a headache.

The Nat and Alyssa Adventures will continue under a new title.

bratwriter

Re: The Current Path: A Nat and Alyssa Story - Part Six FINAL

Post by bratwriter » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:45 am

These are really good. I can't wait to read more.