Paved with Good Intentions: A Nat and Alyssa Story - Part Two

Please post new stories here!
Forum rules
No Negative or Illegal Posting! Read stories and give each feedback!
naughtylilgirl09

Post by naughtylilgirl09 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:01 pm

Nat tossed the hairbrush back into the bag the moment he saw it: that precise point when he knew she’d learned the lesson he intended. The second where Alyssa let go, not only of the silent belligerence regarding her predicament but of the emotions that she had pent up inside her. It’d been six weeks since he’d last seen her. He could only imagine the amount of suppressed feelings she was holding inside.

Rubbing slow, soft, circles on her lower back, Nat soothed her, quietly issuing the assurances she needed to hear. She was so stubborn and fought so hard. It’d taken him a while to realize that she had a shell, a front that she presented to the world. That headstrong, stubborn, sassy young lady was covering up a different person entirely. Life had gotten tremendously busy for them both. The weekly time he’d promised her hadn’t been possible. It had been too long. Old habits had returned. Nat lifted the armrest on the side of the seat and removed his leg from where he’d pinned hers down, gently sliding it back under her. No, it hadn’t been a week or even two that he hadn’t been there.

Carefully, he pulled her panties back up to cover her bottom. She was so consumed in her tears that she didn’t notice. The yoga pants would go back up later. Alyssa needed to be held, and he wanted to give her back that bit of modesty. Leaning over, he lightly grasped her neck, letting her know he was there. Six weeks, he repeated in his mind. “Lyssa,” he said quietly, as he started to massage the knots of tension he felt. He could hear her breathing start to calm.

“I’m really sorry, Nat,” she said through her tears. That was his cue.

“Shh,” he lifted her up and into his lap, making certain that her bottom did not come in contact with his legs. “I know you are baby,” he told her, guiding her head towards his chest. “You’re forgiven.”

Nat held her close until her tears quieted, and her breathing was calm. He would have liked to hold her longer; she was used to him holding her for much longer, keeping her close while they talked out the event. He provided that safe time and space for her, while he made sure that she understood every detail of what had just transpired: from her actions which led to discipline, and the fact that she was forgiven after. Many things were different about this situation, the time, the place, the need to reach their intended destination. He would have liked to continue to hold her but knew it was time to get back on the road. Gently pulling her away, he tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear.

“All right, Lyssa, let’s get these back on,” he patted her yoga pants. “It’s time to get back on the road.” It was obvious she wasn’t thrilled with the idea, but she did as he told her. Getting up from his lap, she pulled up her yoga pants, as Nat opened the side door. He stepped out of the van and held his hand out to her. Once she put her tiny hand in his large one, he assisted her out of the van. Closing the side door, Nat pulled her into his arms for one last hug. Then, he opened the passenger door and she climbed in. Nat took the seatbelt and pulled it forward, leaning over her he buckled her into the passenger seat.

As he straightened back up, he pulled the iPod from his pocket. “I’m going to give this to you,” he looked her in the eye. “But the next time I tell you to turn it off, and you knew that was what I was saying.” She looked down, which told him she was well aware of it.

Nat raised her chin up, “the next time I tell you to turn it off or put it away, you will do so. This is a long drive and I do not want us to be angry with each other the entire time, Alyssa. But if you disobey me with this again, you won’t be getting it back right away. Do we understand each other?”

“Yes, sir,” she said quietly.

He smiled, placed the iPod in her hand, and kissed her forehead. “No need for ‘sir’”, he told her. “You’re not in trouble.”

Closing the passenger door, he jogged around to the other side of the van and climbed into the driver’s seat. Alyssa was sitting there, iPod in her hand. Nat started the car and pulled on the freeway, surprised that she hadn’t put her headphones on the first chance that she’d gotten. “Not going to listen,” he asked her.

“You wanted to talk before I refused to turn it off,” she said, not looking at him. “If you still want to talk, that’d be okay.”

“That’d be very nice,” Nat told her. “Why don’t you put the iPod in the glove compartment, so it doesn’t get tossed around.”

Alyssa hated when he talked like that. Saying something like it was a suggestion. Why don’t you do this? When really, he was telling her to do it. However, her butt still hurt from that spanking. Plus, every time she moved in the seat, she continued to find new places on her bottom that caused her pain when she applied pressure by trying to sit. So, she opened the glove compartment and put the iPod in.

“Anything in particular that you wanted to talk about,” Nat asked her.

There definitely was one thing, but she didn’t want to bring it up. “No,” she told him. “I haven’t seen you in a while. Things have been really busy.”

“Yes,” he agreed. “It’s been very busy. In both of our lives, from what I was able to discern.”

“Yeah,” Alyssa was looking at the side of the road. Then, she realized, he was waiting for her to say something. “There was a launch of three new health initiatives at work, plus classes started, plus a house guest.”

“Miss Alicia,” Nat commented.

Alyssa bit her lip, “yeah, though she did move out a few weeks ago.

“I noticed that,” Nat commented. “I ran into her at the new dance center that opened.”

Alyssa turned and looked at him, her eyes wide. What had Nat been doing at that place? She was glad that he didn’t choose that moment to glance at her.

“Tina went to the tryouts,” he continued. That explained a lot, Alyssa thought. “She made the callbacks for the training program.”

And that explained everything, Alyssa’s mind commented. You really do freak out too quickly. “That’s great news,” she forced herself to say, in the best enthusiastic tone that she could muster. If he noticed anything unusual about it, Nat didn’t say anything.

Nor did he offer a topic for continued conversation. Alyssa turned her head and stared out the window, as her mind began to wander. Nat had noticed a lot of what had been taking place, she thought to herself. Why had he noticed so much? Or enough, at least, that he knew Alicia had moved out.

Then it struck her, and she felt foolish. Nat hadn’t been pleased when Alicia had moved in with her. Of course, he would notice her leaving. He probably was watching her house for any sign of trouble that Alicia might cause. He hadn’t been glancing down the street, keeping tabs on her. He’d been monitoring Alicia. He couldn’t manage to find a single second for her in six weeks. But he certainly found time to keep track of Alicia.

Her mood instantly soured. “So, what is it we’re doing again,” she asked in a bored tone. She knew that would get his attention and boy-oh-boy was she correct.

“We are driving to where I grew up, every year my family gets together for a reunion type of event,” Nat explained.

Alyssa had reached in her purse and pulled out a stick of gum. Chewing it loudly, she replied, “sounds kinda cheesy, why do I have to be there?”

That earned her the famous ‘Westfield’ look from Nat. “Because I, rather we, Helen, Tina and I, consider you to be family, Alyssa,” he told her. Any other day hearing that sentence would have sent her over the moon. Not that day, not that moment.

Alyssa cracked the gum, “yeah, right,” she replied sarcastically.

“What is going on, Alyssa,” Nat asked. She could hear the weariness in his voice. It was so much that part of her felt sorry for him.

“What is going on, Alyssa,” Nat asked, partially not wanting to hear the answer, yet knowing it was better to find out what it was, sooner than later.

“Nothing,” she replied, blowing a bubble with the gum.

“I’ll ask again,” he said, using a slightly sterner tone this time. “What is going on, Alyssa?”

“Well,” she said, using the voice, he’d come to recognize, as one that spelled trouble. It was over dramatic and sarcastic at the same time. From the corner of his eye, he saw she was no longer staring out the window. Instead, she was looking straight ahead, while trying to subtly glance in his direction. She’d straightened up in the seat, no longer wincing from the spanking she’d received, just moments ago. Then, there was that smile. The mischievous, little grin on her face, that was always present when she was going to do something that would cause trouble.

Nat saw her place her right hand in her lap, and then the left hand on top of it. “What is going on? That’s a very good question,” she nodded her head. “Currently, we are both in your car, you are driving on the highway, and it’s still going to take hours for us to get wherever we’re going. That about sums it up.”

Nat glanced at her, catching her eye for half a second. “Does it now,” he asked, his voice cool. Normally, that would have been enough to curb her behavior.

Instead, she tilted her head, touched her right index finger to her cheek and looked up at the ceiling for a moment. “Well, yes, I think it does,” she replied, returning her hand to her lap, and moving her head back down.

“Alyssa, it was less than half an hour ago that you had your bottom spanked,” he said quietly, yet firmly. It was a tone that got through to her. He knew from every prior situation that Alyssa reacted to the tone, in a positive way. It shaped up her behavior. “The last thing that I’d expect from you is an attitude. Now, I want you to take a moment and think if this is truly the path that you want to go down.”

“I’m not going down any path,” she replied, her tone indicating boredom. “You’re driving, so you’re deciding where we go. That and it’s a highway.”

Nat forced himself to count to ten. He was shocked. She’d never responded like that before. Not when he’d used that tone with her. Every single time, she’d recognized the tone, taken it as a warning and she’d fixed her behavior. Not once had she continued to act out.

Alyssa was trying to be covert in watching Nat’s reaction. She was pushing every button of his that she could think of. That last one had been hard. His tone. He didn’t play fair. He knew that tone scared the bejeezus out of her. It made her want to stand up, click her heels and salute, half the time.

“You’re quite correct,” he replied. “We are on a highway and I am driving.” His voice was cool. It was that cool, calm, detached tone that he used when he talked to students. That was almost worse. “Which means I can decide to pull over any time I deem necessary.”

Maybe it was because he’d switched to the detached voice, the one that she’d grown used to when she was a student. Maybe it was because she was bored. Maybe because she was glutton for punishment. Alyssa truly had no idea what was driving her to act the way she was, because it certainly wasn’t logic or common sense. “Oh,” she chirped. “Well, that’s understandable. I mean, if you have to go, you have to go, right? You did drink a lot of iced tea.”

“Enough!” Nat boomed. Not only was he loud, but he was harsh too. Alyssa jumped as high as the seatbelt would allow. “Alyssa, that’s enough!”

She was about to reply, but he kept going. “No, do not,” Nat told her. “I do not want to hear any more sarcastic comments or smart-aleck remarks.”

Alyssa paused for a moment. She wondered if he realized what he’d done? It was the same word trap that he’d walked himself into that first day that he was her advisor. “All right,” she said to him, doing her best to sound apologetic and humble.

She noticed Nat glancing at her a few times, but then he nodded. “All right, that’s better,” he remarked.

Alyssa nodded, mirroring him. She counted to ten in her head. Then braced herself for the yelling when she spoke. “Though, just because you don’t want to hear them, doesn’t mean I’m can’t say them. You know that, right?”

She’d expected him to turn his head to look at her, even if it was briefly, which he did. Alyssa was ready, fluttering her eyelashes, with her ‘I’m cute’ smile pasted on her face when he did.

“I will pull over again,” Nat told her. “In fact, since you don’t seem to be feeling any of that last spanking, which was just about half an hour ago, I think it’s a fine idea. You seem to behave much better when your bottom is heated.”

That she hadn’t expected. Alyssa didn’t have a response to that. At least, not a response that wouldn’t get her into more trouble. He was going to spank her again? She was already sore. Alyssa shifted her body, so she was staring straight out at the road. It was best to just be quiet. Silently fume, yes. But, be quiet.

Nat kept driving for a few minutes and Alyssa began to think that maybe he wasn’t going to do it. That maybe they’d just drive. As long as she kept her mouth shut, it would be okay. Then, she heard the turn signal and felt the vehicle slow down. Within seconds, he’d pulled the minivan off the highway and put it in ‘park’.