A Summer Drive (M/f, with some memories mixed in)

Please post new stories here!
Forum rules
No Negative or Illegal Posting! Read stories and give each feedback!
goodgulf

A Summer Drive (M/f, with some memories mixed in)

Post by goodgulf » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:44 am

A Summer Drive

Cathy was laughing as she switched the music to a classical station.

"Quit that." Steve laughed, batting at her hand.

"So you have classical stuff programmed on your radio?" Cathy giggled.

"It's not my car and you know it." Steve joked back.

Ever since they had hooked up during March Break, Cathy and Steve had been an item. Alas, their studies had kept them busy so that they were still in "getting to know you" phase of the relationship. Now that exams were over they were heading to a cottage that Steve's family had for some fun in the spring air. That, and opening up the cottage for the summer.

Steve had warned Cathy that they would have at least a couple of days of work, cleaning the place up and airing out it, but she thought that a bit of cleaning was a small price to pay for some privacy. Living in dorms had its drawbacks - they both had understanding roommates, but Cathy thought it would be good to be in a place where she could cut loose and make some noise without worrying about who could hear her.

Now that her freshman year of collage was over, Cathy was looking forward to the freedom that Steve's family cottage represented. So here they were, the day after the marks were posted (both gotten decent, but not perfect, marks) Steve had borrowed his cousin's car and they had set off. It was a beautiful weekday morning, and now that the rush hour was over they were making great time.

"So where are we stopping for lunch?" Cathy asked, moving her hand away from the radio.

"Well, there's a nice roadside diner..."

As Steve began answering her question, Cathy darted her hand in again, switch the station.

"Classic and ghetto rap?" Cathy squealed. "Who programmed that radio?"

"I told you, it's my Cousin Hank's car. Now stop that." Steve said, batting at her hand she switched stations again.

"Okay, I'll stop." Cathy giggled. "So when should we get to this diner?"

"Well, if we making good time we should be there around HEY stop that!" Steve said, laughing as Cathy's hand darted in and switched the stations again.

"Classic, ghetto rap, and Lady Gaga?" Cathy laughed. "How weird is your Cousin Hank?"

"I think he lends his car to his brother." Steve laughed. "Just be happy that he's loaning it to us. Now quit foolish around with the radio."

"Okay, I will." Cathy giggled, putting her hands on her lap. "So do they have good food there?"

"Well, just the standard diner fare and..."

Cathy's hand darted in again, turning off the radio.

"Would you quit that?" Steve laughed. Forcing his voice to sound semi-serious, he said: "If I have to pull this car over somebody's going to regret it."

Cathy's hand returned her lap, her laughter stopping mid giggle. Steve glanced over at her and his jaw dropped. Cathy was sitting there, pale with a weird expression on her face.

"Um, I was just joking around." Steve said quickly. "You have to know that I was just joking around."

"Huh? Oh, um, no, I know you were joking. Um, well, but um, it's just that, well..." Cathy stammered out, still pale. "Okay, history time. See, when I was growing up, every summer the whole family would drive out to the beach. When I say 'whole family', I mean our family, my grandparents, three sets of aunts and uncles, and all the cousins."

"Sounds like a good family outing." Steve said, trying for a neutral voice as he search for a way to make sense of what Cathy was saying.

"Since we were all heading to the same place, um, well it didn't matter whose car you went it, so I usually went with my Uncle Frank cause he had a daughter around my age. Anne and me were as close as sisters, closer because I didn't have to live with her so we didn't fight over closet space or stuff like that."

"Uh-huh." Steve nodded. His eyes were on the road, and he was wondering where this was going. Was he about to hear about Anne drowning at the beach? Some childhood horror that had scarred her for life?

"So anyway, there would be a load of kids in the backseat, and we start getting silly or start pushing or something like that, and my Uncle Frank would say 'If I have to pull this car over someone's going be sorry'. He'd do it in a thundering voice, and there would be a vein in the back of his neck that would get going, and all of my cousins would go quite and and and stop whatever they were doing and just sit there."

"Uh-huh." Steve nodded. The words weren't identical; they might have been close enough, but even if he'd managed a serious tone there was no way he could have hit 'outraged parent' level.

"So he never stopped, not when I was in the car, but sometimes, sometimes when I wasn't driving with him, he did stop the car. At least that's what my cousins said." Cathy continued. "They never said what he'd do, but I knew. He spanked them."

"Um, is that a guess or..."

"Oh, I knew he spanked them." Cathy said matter-of-factly. "I know. There were times when I heard some of my aunts talking about it. Uncle Frank spanked, and if he'd pulled that car over then someone would have gotten a spanking."

"Well, um, I suppose, I mean what a parent does..."

"And it wasn't just his kids." Cathy continued, as if she hadn't heard Steve's response.

Maybe she hadn't.

"That's what the aunts were talking about. Uncle Frank sometimes spanked other people's kids too."

"Um, well, maybe their parents..."

"And there was this one time when Anne was late getting back to the car." Cathy continued. "We were the last car to leave, well, there were other cars there but we were the last of our group to leave. And when Anne got there her face and eyes were all red and Uncle Frank was marching her along and when he got to the car he announced that if he had to stop on the way home then everyone's bum would be as red as Anne's was. And everyone else had left so I couldn't switch cars and we were all quiet as mice on that entire ride home."

This time, when she paused, Steve waited to see if she was done.

"It was like that every summer. It was like watching leaves change colours, it was how the seasons changed. Summer vacation would come, we'd all load up to go to the beach, and Uncle Frank would say 'If I have to pull this car over someone's going be sorry'." Cathy continued.

The next pause was long enough for Steve to hope that she was done.

"Um, well, if it really bothers you, then maybe you should have a talk with your Uncle Frank?" Steve suggested, his eyes fixed on the road.

"I can't." Cathy said sadly. "He died two years ago. Heart attack while watching a football game."

Steve nodded.

"So sorry for freaking you out there, but when you said that all I could do was think about my Uncle Frank." Cathy said, finishing her story.

"Don't be sorry. We all have some baggage." Steve told her, thinking back to other car rides. Ones where the car had stopped and someone did regret it.

"The thing is, I could never stop thinking about what would happen if he did stop the car." Cathy said. "What he would do."

"Um, didn't you say..."

"Okay, how he would do it." Cathy said, laughing once more. "I mean would I have to stand up for it, or did he memorise every place that had a handy place to sit down and spank a kid? I mean, I tried to ask my cousins, but they would never tell me. Not even Anne. All she said was that if I wanted to know that the next time he said it I should give him a raspberry then I'd know. Of course I didn't do that so I was left to wonder and wonder."

Steve tried to shift the conversation a bit, but Cathy (while now laughing a bit) was still fixated on those long ago drives.

Twenty minutes later, Cathy finished a sentence with: "... and if there was just a way I could know."

"Maybe there is."

As soon as Steve said that he wanted to take back the words. Undo time and make like he had never spoken.

"Really? How?"

Steve wished he had time to think of a story. Something, anything, except the truth. But he didn't, so he went with the truth.

"Um, well, maybe, if you wanted, if you really wanted to, then maybe we could play a game." Steve suggested, fighting off a blush as he voiced an idea that had haunted him for years. "We could pretend I was your Uncle Frank and that I was stopping the car to make someone sorry."

Steve had pictured himself doing that countless times. Not just stopping a car, but putting a pretty girl over his knee anywhere. He had never dared suggest it to any of his girlfriends in high school, and had gotten through his freshman year without mentioning it, but there it was - out there. An offer. Something that Cathy could decide on. Maybe it would be just a one time thing, but even if it was just a one time thing it would be something that he would never forget.

"Um, wow." Cathy muttered. "I have to think on that one."

Steve nodded.

Silence reigned until after the next turn-off. Then Cathy was looking at the cracking asphalt and thinking.

"Why are we going this way?" Cathy asked.

Steve jerked out of his thoughts.

"This way? Oh, this is the way we always come. The highway was decommissioned, but if you take this stretch of it you save a good hour off the trip." Steve explained, wishing that she would respond to his offer.

"Oh. Decommissioned? So there's practically no traffic?"

"There used to be some, but then they closed a bridge and now hardly anyone uses it anymore." Steve answered.

"So, um, so, um, soitwouldbetheperfectplacetopullover?" Cathy said, blurting it out as one word.

It took Steve a moment to decipher what she had said, and another moment to realise what it meant.

"Um, well, we could make a game of it?" Steve suggested, his eyes scanning the deserted road for traffic. "Maybe you could play with the radio again and I could warn you?"

"And if you warned me and I didn't stop?" Cathy asked.

"Then I'd pull the car over and, um, spank you." Steve replied, wishing that his voice wasn't squeaking.

"My Uncle Frank used to spank on the bare bum." Cathy muttered. "Would you do that?"

"Um, if that's what you want." Steve told her.

Cathy shifted in her seat, hitching up her dress until it was up around her belly. Then her hand darted out for the radio, turning it on.

"Stop that." Steve scolded. "'If I have to pull this car over someone's going be sorry."

He was using her words, not his, but it was a small price to pay.

"Yeah right." Cathy giggled, switching the stations.

"Okay, that's it." Steve said, trying to thunder.

He put on his blinker and slowly pulled the car to the road's crumbling shoulder, giving Cathy all the time in the world to stop him.

She didn't.

Then he put the four ways on, turned off the ignition, pocketed the keys, and got out of the car. He walked around to the passenger side and opened the door. Cathy had her seatbelt off and her dress up higher. Steve swallowed hard and yanked her out of the car by her arm, and Cathy (still holding her dress up) let him.

Cathy was glancing around, looking for a place where Steve could sit, when he turned and sat in the passenger seat.

"What..."

Was the only word out her mouth as Steve pulled her down, positioning her with her bum and legs hanging out the door and her left arm wedged under her body.

Steve paused, waiting for Cathy to say something.

"Aren't my panties coming down?" Cathy squeaked.

"Are you sure?" Steve asked.

Cathy wiggled her seat in reply. Steve took a deep breath, and lowered her panties.

Then he said "I warned you what would happen" and brought his palm down hard. Ready for it, he intercepted her right arm when it flew back.

He'd given her the choice.

He'd given her several chances to change her mind.

Now he was going to give her a real spanking. It might be something that destroyed their relationship, but it was something that was going to happen.

He was spank number four, watching intently as his hand left marks on her bottom, before Cathy realised that he wasn't stopping. That this would be a real roadside spanking, just like Anne used to get. Only she knew that Uncle Frank wouldn't have stopped no matter how much Anne begged so Cathy squealed, twisted, and gasped, but she forced herself not to beg him to stop.

Steve was no Uncle Frank, and if he listened to her pleas then she would never know what Anne had known, so Cathy made sure that she didn't plead with him.

Not that Steve would have listened. Part of him was in another time and place, on one of those road trips when his Cousin Elizabeth had gotten him in trouble (she was three years older so they always believed her over him) and it was his legs kicking out the door as cars whizzed by and Elizabeth had grinned. In his mind it was Elizabeth there, getting a belated and well deserved tanning, even though she'd been married two years ago and had a kid of her own.

Then he snapped out of it. His hand was sore, Cathy's bum was a darkening shade of red, and Cathy's whole body was wracked with sobs.

"Um, and that's why you're sorry." Steve said lamely, finishing the spanking with one last smack.

Then he was helping Cathy up and hoping that she wasn't going to hate him forever. Within three minutes they were both glad that there was no traffic on that road. Steve was hoping that that there wasn't any poison ivy in the weeds that lined the road, and Cathy wasn't worrying about weeds or anything at all - at least not about anything more than getting Steve out of his jeans.

An hour later they were turning off the old road onto the new one. Cathy was still finding bits of weeds in her hair.

"Do you see any grass stains on my legs?" Cathy asked, flashing up her dress.

"No, and I don't see your panties either." Steve answered.

"I lost them." Cathy said with a smile. "Maybe I kicked them off during the spanking or maybe I lost them afterwards, but they are gone."

"Good riddance to them." Steve said with a smile.

Then Cathy went serious.

"Um, you don't think I'm weird because I wanted to do it after you spanked me, do you?"

"You don't think I'm weird that I wanted to do it after spanking you, do you?" Steve countered.

"Um, then I guess that's good." Cathy said with a smile.

When they stopped at the diner, Cathy headed to the washroom to fix her face before ordering. Once she was done she couldn't help pulling up her dress and checking to see what her bottom looked like in mirror.

That was when a waitress walked in.

Cathy fought for words, sputtering out something, but the waitress just laughed.

"I see your fella knows how to handle you on long drives, doesn't he now?" The waitress asked.

Cathy stammered out an answer and went to leave. As she walked by the amused waitress, the older woman landed a swat on Cathy's bum.

"That's for walking around with nothing under your dress but a red bum."

Cathy jumped at the swat, thinking back to all the times she'd seen her aunt swat Anne like that. More than once she had tried to tease a swat out her aunt, but all Cathy ever got was joking light pats.

Sitting uncomfortable in the booth, knowing that the waitress knew why she was squirming, was heaven for Cathy.

As they left, Cathy gave Steve a kiss and muttered: "This is a great start to our summer vacation."

Steve could only smile and think about the privacy found at the cottage.

Four days later that privacy ended abruptly, with Steve's Cousin Hank walking in on them as Steve was bouncing a wooden spoon off Cathy's bum, but Hank was cool enough not to tell anyone else what he saw so Cathy didn't actually die of embarrassment.

Goodgulf

flaman38

Re: A Summer Drive (M/f, with some memories mixed in)

Post by flaman38 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:26 pm

This was a very enjoyable story. Thanks

goodgulf

Re: A Summer Drive (M/f, with some memories mixed in)

Post by goodgulf » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:05 pm

Thank you for taking the time to reply - and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Goodgulf