The Conference-Part 1

Please post new stories here!
Forum rules
No Negative or Illegal Posting! Read stories and give each feedback!
freebird54

The Conference-Part 1

Post by freebird54 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:49 pm

Sitting at my desk on the 4th of May, I was facing the window enjoying the sunshine and the slow movement of the clouds in the sky. They looked like cotton candy drifting lazily along at an unhurried pace. I was unaware that I had been daydreaming for nearly 20 minutes until the phone rang and I checked the clock on the wall.
“Good morning, Power Hotel; this is Roxie Birton how can I help you?” Bringing up the reservation program on the computer I waited for a response from the caller.
“Good morning Ms. Birton I’m Jeff Calder and I’d like to make reservations for a conference on the 21st of this month”.
I checked the scheduled reservations for the date given and got a count of all available rooms, then got down to business. “Mr. Calder how many rooms will you require and how long will the rooms be needed?”
“Thirty-seven rooms, from the 21st through the 28th and we’ll also need a conference room. Do you have a restaurant on the premises?”
I wasn’t’ sure why, but I got the impression that this man was very much in charge of whatever organization he headed and no detail would be missed. “Yes we do Mr. Calder and we also have a private dining room if you would prefer to dine in a more quiet setting. The kitchen staff at the Power Hotel is the best in the state; as are all the staff members.”
“That sounds perfect Ms. Birton. But now I must get on to the nature of this conference, and before I do let me be honest about the fact that 19 other Hotels have informed me that I and my party are very much unwelcome and I will understand if you decide the same.”
I was getting a little worried now but at the same time intrigued. The economy wasn’t stable enough to take a chance on losing even a single reservation. Taking a sip of coffee I kicked off my high heels, slipped on my fuzzy slippers and spoke. “Mr. Calder I have never denied a reservation in the 23 years I’ve owned this hotel. However, I would appreciate it if you would explain why those other establishments turned you away?”
There was a moment of hesitation before he spoke. “Ms. Birton, I am a Dominant, as are the other 36 participants in this conference. We’ll be examining and discussing techniques, implements etc. All discussions will revolve around the Domestic Discipline lifestyle. Among my guests will be a few Masters. Are you familiar with this type of lifestyle Ms. Birton?”
I broke out in a cold sweat and my hands began to shake. All of a sudden the world seemed to be closing in and I was having a difficult time focusing on the business at hand. Taking a deep breath, with my mind in a tailspin, I continued the conversation, hoping he wouldn’t hear the uncertainty in my voice.
“Mr. Calder, thank you for being so honest about the nature of this conference and let me assure you that our door is open to you and your associates. And yes I am somewhat knowledgeable about the lifestyle.”
“You’ll have to excuse me; I wasn’t expecting to hear a positive response. I would like to thank you on behalf of myself and my party. We look forward to our stay.”
“You’re quite welcome Mr. Calder and thank you for giving us the opportunity of making your conference a success.”
The rest of the conversation covered room numbers, fax numbers to confirm arrival times along with the list of names; the private dining area, possible menus and the sound system for the key note speakers.
After I hung up the phone my only thought was that I needed to pace. For years pacing had been as much a part of my thought process as breathing. Getting up from my chair I walked slowly around my office, stopping only for a second to glance at myself in the mirror. My face was white as a sheet, as if I’d seen a ghost. Turning away from my reflection I realized that the past had come back to haunt me and I had just invited it in for a week long stay. So many details marched through my mind. My staff would have to be briefed on how to handle a conference of this nature. I was almost certain that no person presently employed by me had any idea what the Domestic Discipline lifestyle was, much less how to speak to a Dominant. Grabbing my notepad I jotted down a few details and wondered if I would or could hold onto my professional demeanor when the DD conference members arrived? I’m a sub and very soon I would be surrounded by 37 Doms. So many questions came to mind. Would they be able to tell that I am a submissive? I chided myself for that silly thought; of course they would be able to tell. It has been 6 years since I left my Dom. When I meet these Dominants will I still be the self-assured business woman that I had become since I’d left that relationship, or will my face reveal all the uncertainty, fear and shame I carried for so long that left me a broken person after I decided to put an end to the destructive cycle? When I look into their eyes will the self-hate I had fought so hard to overcome be evident? And the hardest question of all; did I believe as I once had that Dominants deserved the utmost respect?