Spirits Part II

Please post new stories here!
Forum rules
No Negative or Illegal Posting! Read stories and give each feedback!
redzonedefense_F

Spirits Part II

Post by redzonedefense_F » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:06 am

Present Day

She sat staring up into the leaves of the maples. They had burst into the glorious fireworks display of mid-October. Beauty is everywhere, if you are only willing to look for it. Stretching, the back of her hand flew to her lips as another yawn threatened to escape. Sleep had been hard to come by, as of late. While not uncommon, this talk of spirits had added an interesting (though unnerving) addition to the litany of subjects she analyzed to the n-th degree at 3 a.m.

Startling awake at the sound of his back sliding down the trunk as he landed next to her, she smiled. “You’ve been asleep for over an hour, hon.” He looked at her heavy eyes. “Not sleeping again, eh?” he admonished softly. She looked away. As usual, he read her like a book. “I think … my love … I will need to find a way to wear you out so that you can sleep.” His expression revealed nothing. He walked back into the house chuckling at her puzzled expression. This could mean nirvana or … She blocked out that thought.

Jacob laughed outright at his wife’s sputtering. He knew he had her, both literally and figuratively. He met her fury with steady resolve. He drew down her bloomers, eliciting a gasp followed by another round of flailing about. “You STOP that this instant, Jacob Newsome! You put those back right now!” His only response was a heavy hand landing on her backside echoing like a thunderclap. Sarah was shocked by the yelp she heard, embarrassed but moreso angry to realize it came from her. He added a counterpart to the emblazoned handprint. She struggled with all her might, caring not that she was no match for him physically. “You will tire quickly that way, my dear. Maybe it is for the best,” he sighed. “Maybe then the lesson will be more quickly learned.” “Brute!” she squealed at the rain of his hand. “That I am,” he muttered as he continued his rhythm.

When she was spent, exhausted and focusing merely on drawing breath, her body began to shake. In an instant, he turned her in his arms and cradled her close to his pounding heart. “Sarah, dear Sarah … “ he murmured. He looked down into her tear-streaked face. “Please tell me …” She drew a shaky breath. “I am not my own person.” He kept his gaze on her, willing her to explain. “I was always my father’s daughter, now I am your wife. I was never … me … just me.” He smiled down at his young bride. “This is true,” was his solemn acknowledgement. “I too, am not my own person.” She looked up at him in astonishment. Jacob Newsome was an upstanding member of the community, landowner, businessman, respected, admired. Sarah was incredulous. “I am not just me … as you are not just you.” He looked upon her lovingly. “My sweet, we are together, united in all things. Man … wife … us.” He placed a kiss on her palm and pressed it against his heart. “What is mine, is yours.”

Adam dropped the belt to the floor and stepped backward until he was leaning against the wall. Carrie could not bring herself to glance over for what seemed an eternity. When she did, Adam seemed a world away, reliving each precious moment of his daughter’s young life. “Papa?” She straightened and looked on him with concern, His focus returned as he looked at her. She fought the impulse to step back when he advanced quickly on her, taking her by the upper arms. “Yes, I have loved.” His eyes bored into hers as he shook her once. “I have loved and still do … more than I have words.”

He tossed her over the bed and grasped his belt, bringing it down across her bare skin. CRACK Carrie cried out. CRACK She rocked, struggling with the want to protect herself. CRACK “Papaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,” she wailed. CRACK “It is my duty,” he intoned as the belt continued to fall. CRACK Carrie squealed. “… as it is you I love above all else.” CRACK Adam threw down the belt in disgust, falling to his knees by his daughter’s bedside. His silent tears joined hers. He choked on his words. “I .. I didn’t know where you were.” Carrie sniffled and turned to look upon him. “I came to bid you goodnight … and …” Carrie knelt down next to her father. “I was beside myself … the hour … then, that boy … and …” Carrie threw her arms around his neck, crying anew. “Papa, I didn’t mean to worry you so!” He whispered, ”I know you are growing older. You are … (ahem) enamored of this boy. I understand. You must bring him to the house at a decent hour so we can be properly introduced, rather than sneaking about.” Carrie drew back and looked at him with bright eyes, nodding fervently. “I will.” He smiled a sad, knowing smile. “Yes, I know love, child. I know love.”

After regaining his composure, Eli glowered, “I did not teach you to steal!” Joseph spun around and looked at his father. “What would you have me do? Watch us starve?” Eli gritted his teeth and spaced his words … trying not to lose his composure again. “We are not starving. We have some … not much, but some,” he admitted quietly. “We still have choices, Joseph.” Joseph could barely contain the tears in his eyes as he pleaded, “But, I’m hungry! I want more! I want MORE!’ Eli watched his tears fall. This was not like Joseph. Being the oldest, he was rarely allowed any show of emotion. He bore the burden of “setting the good example” well. Times were trying for all, much less young ones. “It has not been as we had expected. This I know.” He cleared his throat. “But … that does not give us the right to go against the law. At the core of ourselves, we are good people. We do not do such things, no matter the circumstances.”

He laid a hand on his son’s shoulder, marking mentally how Joseph was gaining in height. “Look, son. Look at those around you.” With new eyes, Joseph looked around his once-bustling neighborhood. Many homes were boarded. In a few, he saw darkness, save a small fire like his own. He thought of those homes … those people … older, younger … sick, alone.” Eli watched the homes along with his boy. “We may not have much … but we have some. More than that …“ He turned Joseph to look him in the eye. “We have each other … and we have who we are as people. That is what we can turn to when times are hard.” Joseph hung his head. He was ashamed. His bread and beans seemed like a feast compared to some. “I’m sorry, Father.” He looked over at the switch Eli still held and slowly placed his hands back upon the wall. His heart swelled for the boy, so true and good. “You are certain?” Joseph nodded. “We are good people. I … need to feel good again.” Eli drew a deep breath and swung. The switch lashed into Joseph’s threadbare britches. Again … Joseph let out a stream of air between clenched teeth. Again … His hands fisting against the wall. Again … he gasped. Again … and it was done. Eli drew his son to him in a fierce embrace. It was done.

The next morning, Joseph and Eli walked six blocks to the corner grocer where Joseph handed over 2 pennies from what remained of the family savings. The discomfort was fading … more and more at the gratitude shown by neighbors as they received their portion of Joseph’s gift.

He scoffed at her, bringing his hand down upon her bottom with a pent-up frustration that surprised even him. Laverne kicked and squirmed. “You don’t understaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnddddddddd! She whined as he continued to warm her posterior ‘til the glow was visible from beneath the seat of the pantyhose. He punctuated each word. “What (smack) don’t (smack) I (smack) understand? (smack) “You spend my money on frivolities trying to impress people we rarely see.” He was incredulous. “For what?!?” She cried, “For youuuuuuuuuuuuu.” Her shoulders shook with sobs. Stopping, he held her there … rubbing her back as she calmed to hiccups and stuttered breaths. Stuart pulled her up into his arms and looked at her, disapprovingly. “Go on …” Laverne refused to meet his gaze. “None of this is for … them. None of this is even for me.” She looked up at him sadly. “It’s all for you.” “Wh … why?” She sniffled. “I want to be pretty for you, Stuie. I want to be that girl you fell in love with.” He pulled her into a tight squeeze. “Silly girl!” He chuckled softly. “You are the girl I fell in love with! Today and every day.” He leaned her back to look in her eyes. “I am proud to be with you, regardless of what you have on.” His grin turned wolfish. “Especially when you have nothing on!’ She slapped his shoulder playfully. “Fresh!” she laughed. “Oh, my darling Laverne … you have no idea!” He pinched her tender bottom and wiggled his eyebrows mischievously. She squeaked and leapt from his lap. He gave chase … all through the house … items of newly-purchased clothing shed with every step.

Present Day

Elizabeth looked down at Shea, wanting so much to join him in slumber. The bright green display taunted her … 3:17. Various paperbacks sat splayed open on the nightstand. A stack of half-finished paperwork covered the dining room table. She gave up when she could no longer read her own writing. That was two hours ago. She flopped onto the pillows, emitting a less-than-subtle groan of exasperation. His body jerked. He turned slowly in her direction. “Caaaaaaaan’t sleep?” he yawned. She rolled her eyes. “Where’s that goddamned glowing moth from the commercial, anyway? Did you close the window? I bet the poor thing is banging it’s little antennae on the window right now trying to bust in and save me.” She turned her back to him, happy to have something to lash out at rather than herself. He smiled softly and began rubbing her back. She relaxed immediately. His hands traveled further south, rubbing her bottom. She purred unabashedly. He sat up, continuing to rub, turning her slightly so she was on her stomach. Then SMACK! “OW! What was that for?“ He ignored her question. Sensing her need, he knew exactly how far to push. He spanked her to a rosy glow, until the yelping and squirming became contented sighing and stillness. He resumed rubbing her back 'til she was nearly asleep. When he lay down again, she reached for him. He fitted her to him. He kissed her forehead as her eyes closed … and they took their place among the spirits.

There is a timeless quality to “this thing we do.”
Find your special someone and take your place among the spirits.

END

IMSOMEAN

Re: Spirits Part II

Post by IMSOMEAN » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:44 am

Don't stop now ! You could turn this into a book!!!!!!

redzonedefense_F

Post by redzonedefense_F » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:22 am

Awwwww!

Thank you, darlin'. Very sweet. Glad you enjoyed.

reddendmaker

Post by reddendmaker » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:27 am

Excellent well written and poignant juxtaposition of characters and moments in time. Very well deserving of 'as you said' being in my or anyone's library. Give us more examples of your skills.

redzonedefense_F

Post by redzonedefense_F » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:06 pm

There are several stories posted over the last month or two but they have a decidedly different leaning, as I was not always a switch or primarily a spanker. This was in keeping with who I was at the time.

That was the only piece that was historical in nature, as that appealed to my husband and his sense of timelessness in what we do.

I will cull a bit more and see if I can unearth some more pieces from that period, though honestly, of all the ones I wrote during that time, I am most proud of this one.

Thank you for your thoughtful comments, gentlemen.