What Lies Beneath

Please post new stories here!
Forum rules
No Negative or Illegal Posting! Read stories and give each feedback!
redzonedefense_F

What Lies Beneath

Post by redzonedefense_F » Wed May 27, 2015 3:42 pm

The window is clicked closed, disgust at the plea for guidance, punishment beyond what brings comfort evident. Had they stopped to realize that s/he was asking for guidance because s/he was young or lost or searching for someone … ANYONE … to give him or her the slightest sign that their behavior, their existence mattered?

A refusal to answer a PM. “I don’t care for (label)." Had they stopped to consider that the person behind the screen name may be taking the first tenuous steps into seeking acceptance, acknowledging a part of themselves they had never let see the light of day prior to crossing your path?

“I don’t engage with (category)." Did they know that this person is hoping against hope that you may agree with them - that despite their gender, age, orientation, size, what have you, they will be seen as people? Acknowledgement that one person’s need is no greater or lesser than any other?

"I don’t understand why someone would ever want to be a (role). That’ll NEVER be me." Those that show the most fear, the least willingness to find common ground have the most to hide.

We can be so quick to dismiss, disregard. We are all people. We all seek acceptance. We have far more commonalities than differences.

Take the time. Take a chance.

IMSOMEAN

Re: What Lies Beneath

Post by IMSOMEAN » Fri May 29, 2015 8:22 pm

well said!

lex46

Re: What Lies Beneath

Post by lex46 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:31 am

Having loved your previous story and checked out your profile, may I say how refreshing it is to see such an honest, open and understanding person here. (yes, there are many more too , I know).