Starting a new school Pt 2

Please post new stories here!
Forum rules
No Negative or Illegal Posting! Read stories and give each feedback!
spankingmum8

Post by spankingmum8 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:21 pm

‘Hi Karen. Are you ready, its needlework next lesson.’
‘Oh hi Lisa, yes I like needlework don't you? I wonder what Mrs Ferris is like?’
‘A bit strict from what I've heard.’ Replied Lisa. ‘Aren't they all though.’
‘Let's get along then.’ Said Karen always anxious to keep clear of trouble.
They arrive at the class and take a seat. Then Mrs Ferris arrives, and the class all stand up as she enters the room.
‘Good morning girls.’
‘Good morning Miss.’
‘My name is Mrs Ferris and I will be your teacher for needlework this year. We will make lots of nice things some that you may even wish to wear. I hope you all enjoy needlework and that we have no silliness. One simple rule to follow. Needlework requires concentration and so there will be no talking in class unless I speak to you. Is that clear girls? Any questions?
‘No Miss’
‘You girl, over there, what's your name?’
‘Me Miss?’ Queried Lisa.
‘Yes you.’ Said Mrs Ferris in a brusque tone of voice. She was not used to any girl querying her questions.
‘Lisa Berry Miss.’
‘Oh the famous Lisa Berry eh. I will keep a close eye on you.’
Lisa looked puzzled.
‘Any of you girls have an older sister that I've taught before?’
Silence
‘None of you? Well I best tell you how I deal with silliness then.’
Mrs Ferris went to her desk and picked up an 18" wooden ruler.
‘Anyone who doesn't follow my rules will have this across her hand.’
‘I'm sure no one likes the idea of that. Not even Lisa Berry I should think.’
Lisa glared at Mrs Ferris wondering why she was being singled out.
‘Mrs Ferris put the ruler back down and opened up a drawer.
‘Anyone who finds the ruler isn't a sufficient reminder, can see me after class and touch her toes for this.’
Mrs Ferris then brought out an old white slipper and showed it to the class.
‘And if anyone wants to know what the slipper feels like, just ask Miss Berry here.’
Again Lisa glared. Why has she got it in for me she asked herself. Karen gave her a sideways glance.
‘Any questions?’
‘Yes Miss, I have one.
‘Yes Lisa, what is it?’
‘Why did you say I was famous?’
‘Because Lisa, you're the first girl in history to have got the slipper on her first day at this school.
‘Oh’ said Lisa. Word had obviously got round the staff room.
‘Anything else?’
‘No Miss.’
‘Right let's get started ....’
Mrs Ferris then handed out some some material and needle and cotton.
She instructed the girls in simple stitching and then set them to work.
Later in the lesson ...
‘Hey Lisa can you thread my needle for me please, I'm struggling.’ Whispered Karen.
‘Hang on, let me just finish this stitch.’
Mrs Ferris’s antenna soon picked up the sound of whispering.
‘Who is that talking? Stand up the girl who just spoke.’
Lisa and Karen remained silent.
‘Come along or the whole class will come back tonight for detention.’
All the class started to look in Karen and Lisa’s direction.
Karen stood up.
‘It was me and Lisa Miss, we spoke.’
‘Yes Miss, it was us.’ Added Lisa standing up as well.
‘I might have guessed it would be you Berry.’ Said Mrs Ferris. ‘Right the pair of you out here now.’
‘Hope she'll just give us a warning this time as it's our first lesson.’ Whispered Karen as they left their seats.
‘Did you not think I was serious about what I said?.....Lisa?
‘Sorry Miss, I was only trying to help Karen.’
‘It wasn’t Lisa’s fault Miss.’ Added Karen.
‘You silly little girls.’
Mrs Ferris picked up the ruler.
‘ Well I was very serious. Karen are you left or right handed?’
‘Right handed Miss.’
‘Well put your left hand out please, out as far as you can, that's right, a bit higher.’
‘Please Miss I'm sorry, it won't happen again. Please.’ Pleaded Karen already close to tears.
‘It wasn't Karen's fault Miss.’ Interjected Lisa.
‘Be quiet girl unless you want hers as well.’
Knowing how averse Karen was to being punished Lisa was half tempted to say yes but somehow she didn’t trust Mrs Ferris to mean what she said.
Mrs Ferris then lifted the ruler and brought it down hard on Karen’s hand.
Wwwhhaccckk
‘Owwwwww’
Tears began to run down her face.
Whackkkkkkk
‘Owwwwwwwwww.’
Whacccccckkkkkk
‘Aarrgghhhhhhhhh’
‘Let that be a lesson to you girl. What's your name?
‘Karen Edwards Miss.’
‘Well Karen Edwards, let’s hope for your sake you don’t have to come out here again. Return to your desk.’
A snivelling Karen walked slowly back to her desk with her hand firmly tucked under her armpit. The silence in the room was deafening as the class looked on in shock. This was not something they had expected this early in the term.
‘Now Lisa Berry, let’s see what you make of this, put your hand out.’ Said Mrs Ferris looking intently at Lisa.
Lisa put out her left hand. Lisa’s brains may not have been out of the top drawer but her stubbornness was. She was determined to show no emotion and not give Mrs Ferris any satisfaction.
‘I assume that you are right handed?’ Said Mrs Ferris.
‘Yes Miss.’
Mrs Ferris moved into position. Lisa stared intently ahead; noticing a picture on the wall she focused her eyes and mind on it. Mrs Ferris raised the ruler....
Whaaacck!!
Lisa refused to show any sign of pain despite how it felt.
Whaacckk!!
Again Lisa showed no emotion; she could sense Mrs Ferris’s frustration at not making any impression.
Whhhaaaccckkk!!
Mrs Ferris brought the ruler down as hard as she could. The burning pain seared through Lisa’s hand but somehow she managed to maintain her silence. Mrs Ferris lowered the ruler.
‘Return to your desk Lisa Berry. I can see that your attitude will lead to us meeting many times in the future.’
‘Yes Miss.’ Said Lisa.
She turned and walked to her desk her hand clasped in a fist still determined to show no emotion.
After the lesson had ended Karen and Lisa made their way to the next lesson.
‘Are you ok Karen?’ Asked Lisa putting her arm round her still slightly tearful friend.
‘Yes, my hand still hurts a bit though.’
‘Mine too.’ Added Lisa. ‘But I wasn’t going to let that cow see she was hurting me.’
‘You were so brave. ‘Said Karen ‘Especially that last whack, she really went for you.’
‘Bitch.’ Replied Lisa. ‘She had it in for me from the start, I could tell.’
‘Are you sure, she didn’t even know you.’ Said Karen.
‘Maybe not but I bet my name’s all round the staff room and she thought I’ll sort her out. But she’s got another think coming. She can do what she likes to me but she won’t win.’
‘I wish you wouldn’t talk like that Lisa.’ Said Karen anxiously. ‘You’ll get yourself into so much trouble.’
‘As long as I don’t get you involved it’s ok. I tried to stand up for you in there.’
‘I know you did and it was very kind of you.’ Said Karen.
‘She didn’t need to whack either of us on our first lesson, she could have just told us off.’ Said Lisa.
The pair then arrived at their classroom and sat down ready for the next lesson.