The Dream

Please post new stories here!
Forum rules
No Negative or Illegal Posting! Read stories and give each feedback!
marsenneprime

The Dream

Post by marsenneprime » Tue May 24, 2011 7:58 pm

The idea for this started as a dream. I would love to have some feedback. This will actually be toward the beginning of the story but not the very beginning.
THANKS
Marsenne Prime

My life used to be simple. Poor yes, but simple. I thought I liked things simple. Now, I’m not so sure. Sometimes when things take an unexpected turn, life gets better. Sometimes it doesn’t. Here is what happened to me.
We sneaked into the multi-billion dollar building for the third time. I had heard a lot about the building. The first twenty-two floors of the building are the headquarters for the company that controlled the world and the last three floors are the home of vicious old bastard who owns it.
Our plan didn't work the first two times; I don't know what possessed us to believe it would work the third time. I think we must have been idiots or something. For all the brains between us, there were simply neurons that just weren't firing.
The first two trips into the building went exactly the same. Darby and I were able to sneak through the main lobby, into the elevator and ride up to the ninth floor without being spotted. When we arrived at the ninth floor, we left the elevator and made our way to the third door on the left. We did what we came to do and then we went back down the elevator to sneak out the service entrance.
We never made it out the service entrance. The first time we made it halfway down, we could hear shouting and we got scared and pulled the stop button on the elevator. That was just another dumb move because that alerted them to our location. I found out later that they didn't actually know we were still in the building until we did that. After listening for a moment, we decided to restart the elevator, hop off at the next floor and book it up to the roof and hope the helicopter would fly over in time. I wasn't interested in getting caught. I had heard plenty about the guy that owned this place. They said the old man was just pure evil.
So, Darby and me, we make it to the roof without encountering any security the first time and sure enough, there comes the chopper. The second trip we made it about as far but we had a narrow miss. Both times, we made it to the roof and the helicopter was right there. So we were able to get away both times.
I guess the first time, the guy must have thought that he was being invaded by homeless people or something. Who knows, maybe he thought it was aliens because, the second time the security was tighter and it took a little more stealth to get in. That was just the first part of our plan. The second part of the plan was the REALLY dumb part. See, after a certain period of time, I was supposed to sneak back into the building so that I could set off the device. The way the device was supposed to work was when I set it off, it was supposed to zap all of the guy's computers AND any computer that he was linked to. That would take out some major businesses as well as some big banks because supposedly he has the main control of them from his office.
That was ultimately our goal. See this guy, his name is Thayden Berenger. He owns half of the free world that we know of. He probably owns half of the part that isn’t free too. It is because of him that Darby and I were so bad off. He took over the factory where we worked and all the factory workers were put out. Neither of us have much of an education so there isn’t much we can do. Now we could hardly afford to feed ourselves, much less afford a place to live. Once we lost our jobs, our little apartment was close behind. We moved to the streets. We had been pretty happy for the first few years we were together but then with the factory closing and not being able to afford the apartment and all; the stress was getting to us. I knew it was only a matter of time before we split up.
Splitting up wasn't something that I really wanted. I mean, an unpleasant known is always better than any level of unknown right? So anyway, in a last ditch effort to save what little we had between us, we hooked up with this group of people who disliked this Berenger guy as much as we did and that's how we ended up where we were. We were proving to them we could be trusted by sneaking into the enemy’s headquarters and dismantling this. If it worked, I wouldn’t need that group anymore; but I didn’t see that then.
So, we sat down to revisit our plan of how we were to get into and destroy this guy's world and we decided that instead of trying to lock onto his mainframe, we would just hook in remotely through his elevator computers. We waited a week before trying the third time.
The day came for us to try again. We actually managed to walk into the building and go straight to the elevators. Since I was the one that knew how to hook up the device to the wiring system, Darby was the lookout. We hit the button for the eighth floor and I went to work. I had everything hooked before we ever made it up. Then, when the elevator doors opened we pushed the button for the lobby.
I was really scared going back down because this was as far as we had made it the two times before but it always fell through. The elevator made it to the lobby without incident and we walked right out the front door. It was a piece of cake.
We were almost giddy to have made it all the way through. Now all we had to do was the last part. We walked down the road to a super market where we bought a few sodas. This time things were going perfectly. I couldn't help but giggle a couple of times. We were really going to make it this time.
Darby's cell phone rang and it was our contact. He said that the software was set up and he was ready to activate the system. Now all they needed was for me to go back to the elevator and use the small hand held device to create a glitch in the system for about half a minute until they could get the software in.
That move was no problem for me. Darby would wait in the van and I would be in and out in less than 5 minutes. The hand held computer was the size of a cell phone and would emit a signal that would throw off their system. All that our contact needed was a thirty second glitch and we were home free. This would ensure that the old man who owned everything would lose it all, just like we had. The plan from here on couldn't go wrong, but it did.
I walked through the front door and headed straight for the elevators just like before. Just as my hand reached out to touch the elevator buttons, a strong hand rested on my shoulder.
"Excuse me, Miss? May I be of some assistance to you?" Oh my goodness. this man looked amazing. My brain was now in the midst of a thirty second glitch. He had one of those deep dreamy voices that would make a woman just scream for an orgasm. He also had just a hint of an accent. I wasn't sure where it was from. I am sure that I stuttered a moment before answering him.
"I... um... no you can't. Thank you though." And with that I turned back to the elevator and punched the button. The dream man waited a beat and then he put his hand on my arm again.
"I'm sorry Miss. but, you aren’t going to get on that elevator."
"Oh but it is alright. See I have an appointment with Mr. Berenger. He is expecting me so it's alright for me to go up. In fact, if you don’t let me get on the elevator, I am going to be late. You must know how Mr. Berenger is, he can’t stand to be kept waiting." I was really praying at this point that my lie wouldn't fall through. I could feel things getting worse by the second. I considered for a split second turning and bolting out the front door. But the second time the dream man took hold of me, he didn't let go. He studied me for a moment with those dark brooding eyes.
"Miss, would you come with me for a moment?" With that, he guided me by the elbow down the first floor hallway. I never made it into the elevator.
Dream man led me down the length of the hallway and we entered a room at the end. It looked like one of those police interrogation rooms that you see on television.
He walked me to one of the two chairs there and motioned for me to sit. I was a little bewildered so I sat without having to be asked. I still marveled at how beautiful this man was. It didn't register with me just how much trouble I was in.
"Miss, why are you here?" The man asked so quietly that it took a moment for me to realize that he had spoken.
"umm... what?"
He just watched me. All at once I got the impression that this man is accustomed to not having to ask questions twice and that people don't lie to him.
"I asked why you are here."
"I... umm.... I have an appointment with Mr. Berenger." This time it was my turn to speak softly. He studied me quietly for a moment the way a teacher does when they aren't sure if you are telling the truth. The moments passed and he didn't respond. I almost spoke again thinking that he hadn't heard me.
"So, you are the one. Did you work alone? No I know you didn't. Your accomplice was spotted the second time you entered this building. What do you want?" He spoke with such calm and quiet that I was taken aback. My daddy always used to speak like that when he was really mad. I figured my best defense right now was to stick to my story and play stupid.
"I'm sorry Sir; I'm here to see Mr. Berenger. I have an appointment with Mr. Berenger."
"Oh really? Would you like to know something really interesting?” I nodded stupidly. “I. Am. Mr. Berenger."
I was dumbfounded. I didn't know what to say. I just sat there and stared at him the same way he stared at me. I didn't have a response for him and he just continued to wait as if I had more to say. Finally he stood up and walked to the window and ran one manicured hand through his hair.
"Well, we are at an impasse. Why did you come here? What do you want with me and my company? Why do you keep invading my home?" I didn't answer any of his questions. It wasn't that I didn't want to, my tongue wouldn't work and my brain was working overtime.
How could this utterly beautiful man be Thayden Berenger? No, he had to be lying. I had heard about Thayden Berenger. everyone called him an old decrepit man. This man couldn't be more than 35, 40 at the most. I was confused and couldn't make sense of what my brain was telling me and how my body was reacting. It was too much. And then, the beautiful man was speaking again. But, I hadn't heard him. I was lost in my own world.
"Are you going to tell me?" He slapped his hand down on the table between us. That brought me back to the present. He looked at me hard and angry.
"Things will go better for you if you cooperate. Now what do you want from me?"
"What do we want?" I paused for a moment before continuing angrily. "We want you to suffer as we have. It is all your fault! Me and Darby were doing okay. We weren't rich, but we were making it. We would have been married in another year or so and then we could have had a baby. But you are a selfish ass and you closed the factory. Everyone who worked there is out on the streets now and it is all your fault!" I didn't realize that there were tears rolling down my cheeks until he reached across the table and wiped one away.
"Give me your phone." I shook my head slowly until I realized he was talking about the device. I held it out to him as I spoke.
"It isn’t a phone. It's a... a thing." He looked at it intently.
"What does it do?" He continued to turn it over in his hand.
"It is designed to destroy your world." His eyes grew three times in size when he realized the magnitude of what I had said. He laid the device on the table between us and looked at me calmly. His voice had returned to that soft soothing voice from earlier.
"Tell me everything." I hadn't intended to tell him anything. But, I started speaking and before I knew it, I had spilled the whole story to him.
"So you are saying that you have no family to help you and this group used you and Darby to get to me?" I nodded. There was nothing more for me to say. "Where is Darby now?"
"He is in a white van sitting across the street from the front entrance. If I know him well, he’s probably asleep." He nodded then stood up and walked to the door and opened it. He was speaking softly to the person on the other side of the door. It never even occurred to me to possibly try to escape while he wasn’t paying attention. I was mentally exhausted. Then he came back in the room and sat down in the chair opposite the table.
"Darby will be joining us soon. What is your name?"
"Reece. But most people call me Ree." I hadn't realized that was the one fact I had failed to supply him with. He nodded and just sat there with a thoughtful look on his face. Finally, when he looked up at me he had that angry look on his face again.
"Reece, if you know what is good for you, you will NOT speak when Darby gets here. You will not go down for this alone." Before I could even think to respond, there was a knock at the door. Thayden Berenger stood and walked to the door. He opened it and the person on the other side of it handed him a briefcase and an empty duffel bag. He closed the door and brought both items back to the table. Just as he laid them on the table, there was another knock on the door. Although this time, it opened immediately and in came the largest man I had ever seen holding Darby's arm twisted behind his back.
The big man shoved Darby forward and he stumbled forward toward the now empty chair that was sitting opposite me. Darby didn't look up at me, he just hung his head. I knew then that he had tried to run. He had every intention of leaving me there to take the fall.
"Darby is it?" Mr. Berenger was leaning against the wall and had his arms crossed across his chest and his foot propped on the wall as well. Darby didn't answer him; he just continued to look at the table.
"Who is this woman to you?" Darby jerked his head up at the question. He glanced first at me and then at Mr. Berenger. I don't think he was expecting the question. He repeated it.
"What dya mean?" Darby stammered through his question. It was obvious that he didn't know what answer was expected. For me, it wasn't difficult to remain quiet. I found that I wanted to know the answer as well.
"I mean Sir just what I said. Who is this woman to you? What does she mean to you?" Darby took an audible gulp.
"Well, we used to live together. But, we aren't married or anything like that. If she said different she's lying!" His words rushed out and it felt like they slammed so hard into my chest that it took my breath away. The bastard was throwing me away like a piece of rotten meat.
"She didn't say different. So, Darby, what amount of money would it take for you to walk away and never think again about Reece or me?" He paused a moment before continuing. "$20,000?"
"I... umm...." Darby stuttered on. He truly didn't know how to respond. Before he could say any more, Thayden Berenger spoke again.
"Okay fine. $30,000 is my final offer."
"Cash?" I really didn't believe that Darby would take the money. We were planning to be married. I still wasn't having difficulty staying quiet, I was too dumbfounded to speak. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.
"Yes Darby, I can give you cash right now. Do we have a deal? You take the money and never even think about me, my company or Reece ever again. Deal?" He extended his hand like a businessman would when agreeing to a settlement. But that is exactly what he was doing wasn't he?
"Deal." Darby said it quietly without ever looking at me. He rose and shook Mr. Berenger's hand and waited as he walked to the table, opened the briefcase, took out several stacks of hundred dollar bills. He shoved the bills into the duffel and held out the duffel to Darby. Darby looked shocked.
"You are serious?" Mr. Berenger just stood there holding out the duffel. Darby reached out and took the duffel and Mr. Berenger walked to the door and held it open. As Darby approached the door, Mr. Berenger looked down at him, “Darby, I would have paid a hundred times the amount.” When Darby finally walked through, he did so without ever looking back. Mr. Berenger closed the door behind Darby and leaned against it looking at me.
"So, as you said before, you have no one? Well, now you have me. Consider yourself bought and paid for. You belong to me now."
It took me a few moments for my brain to register. What did he mean that I belonged to him? I'm not property. I couldn't belong to him. Could I?
"Come with me Reece." and he took me by the elbow to help me stand. I was still in shock over what had just happened. This couldn't be real. As we got to the door, he reached for the knob. I turned and looked at him. Before I could say anything, he put his finger to my lips to silence me. "Shh. We will talk more upstairs." And for some reason, that was enough.
He led me through the door and down the corridor to the elevator.

I’m not sure what I expected but it isn’t what I got. We rode a private elevator up to the 23rd floor. When the doors opened, I was dumbfounded at what I saw. It was beautiful and elegant and just incredible. There was light and glass everywhere. It was absolutely stunning. As amazing as the room was, it screamed masculinity. It was the most stunningly beautiful site I had ever seen. I just stood in the open doors of the elevator and stared. Mr. Berenger typed a code into the elevator key pad and placed his hand at the small of my back. I could feel heat coming from his palm through my thin clothes and it caused me to shiver violently.
"Come." The single word was a command if I had ever heard one. I knew that there would be no escaping him. For one fleeting moment, I don't know that I wanted to escape. I didn't know what he planned to do with me. I felt a combination of fear and excitement.
The living area was massive. There was leather and mahogany everywhere. The couches were made of such a rich leather that I felt like I could just dive into them and stay there forever. I glanced at Mr. Berenger and he had a look of grim determination.
"Where is your wife?" I asked softly. He didn't stop walking when he answered me.
"I'm not married. I live alone. We will have all the privacy that we need." Privacy? What do we need that for? My mind was spinning again. What did this man mean to do to me? I hesitated and he stopped. He looked at me with dark eyes and I could see the anger there.
"Reece. I have something that you need to understand. YOU BELONG TO ME!" As he said this, he stepped face to face with me. Well it would have been face to face if I had been a foot taller. He took my chin in his hand to prevent me from looking away from him before he continued. "You are going to be at my beck and call twenty-four hours a day. You will experience things that you never dreamed of. I will see personally to your every need. You will not want for anything. However, I am incredibly angry that you tried to destroy my company. My father spent his life building this company. I inherited this company only two years ago but it means the world to me in more ways than one. I lost my father to this company. You will be punished for your behavior today. It will not be tolerated. I assure you that I have a very painful punishment in store for you. But you will blossom here. You will became an amazing woman. I will have my way in all things. Are we clear?" I could only nod. My powers of speech once again failed me.
At this point, he took me by the hand and all but pulled me toward the staircase. The stairs were white cast iron and they curved up toward the high ceiling. I followed him. I was too terrified to resist him. What did he mean I would be punished. What was he going to do?
At the top of the stairs, he turned left and walked along a balcony overlooking the living area into another room. This one was a massive bedroom. The glass, mahogany and leather was the theme here as well. I was thinking how lovely it all was when it dawned on me that we were in his bedroom. I froze. The first thing I could think was that he was going to rape me. Please God, don't let that happen. I would never survive it. He continued to all but drag me across the room toward a door. Through this door was a solid white bathroom. It was the largest bathroom that I had ever seen. The apartment that I had shared with Darby hadn't been this big. My whole apartment could fit in here. Again, I was amazed at the beauty of the room.
Once in the bathroom, he let go of my hand. I stood in the doorway and gawked at him and the room we were in. I had never seen so much beauty in one place. Mr. Berenger moved around the room with ease. He rifled through drawers pulling different things out. Finally, he came to me and handed me a razor and some shaving cream. Then he went to a large shower and turned the water on. Water came from every direction including the ceiling. Ten people could have easily fit in there with room to spare.
"Reece, you are to shower, shave, wash your hair," He paused and looked me over from top to bottom. "Twice. When you are done, I want you to come to me in my study. It is at the other end of the balcony. Is that clear?" I nodded dumbly. With that, he stepped out of the bathroom and shut the door firmly.
I know that I must have stood there for another five minutes just looking around. It was at this point that I realized that the only thing I had was on my back. I would have nothing to wear when I got out of the shower. Well, I would just have to wear it. I stepped over to the door and made sure it was closed before I stripped out of my grubby jeans and sweat shirt. I took off my underclothes and laid them all as neatly as I could on the toilet. I looked at them. They looked so out of place in this pristine room. I felt how inadequate I was. I didn't have the right to even shower here. Then I realized that quite some time had gone by and if I didn't hurry, he might come back and there I would be standing naked and then he would see me. I couldn't have that.
I stepped cautiously into the shower and felt the water. It was like Heaven. Steam rose out of the shower and I stepped into the warm water. I can't remember a time when I had been able to take a steaming hot shower. In the apartment that I shared with Darby, the water was maybe luke warm at best. I know I must have stood under the water for ages. It felt incredible on my skin. As my skin tingled under the water, I picked up the clean wash cloth that wasn't dingy with age but a perfect white. I put the wash onto the cloth and it immediately started to froth. I rubbed it all over my skin and I could feel the grim leaving me. I had always tried to be clean but now I realized that I had never really been so. After rinsing, I picked up the bottle of shampoo and smelled it. It smelled of roses and I could imagine a fabulous garden. The heady scent made me sigh. I did as he had commanded and washed my hair, twice. I used the conditioner that was the same fragrance and my long brown hair felt like silk. I really didn't want to get out of the shower, but I didn't want him to come back even more. I turned the water off and stood in the steam. It was only at that moment that I realized that there hadn't been a door on the shower. It was just glass blocks that you walk around. They had lights inside of them and in the steamy room, they were beautiful. How can a thing be so beautiful.
I stepped out of the shower and took the towel that he had hung on the hook just outside of the shower. The towel was so soft that it felt like what I imagined a baby's skin would feel like. And it was massive. The towel easily wrapped around me twice. I wasn't that big. I was very thin from not having enough to eat. I just stood there feeling at peace and clean. For a few minutes, I put everything else in the world out of my mind. Feeling as clean as I did, I dreaded putting my grungy clothes back on. But, there was nothing else to be done. They would have to do.
I turned to the toilet and realized my clothes were gone! Where were they? I gasped. I looked all around and didn't see them anywhere. In their place was a white robe that was just as plush and soft as the towel. Did he mean me to wear it? When had he come into the bathroom? And why would he take my clothes? I knew a great deal of time had passed and that I needed to get to his study. He was already angry with me. Maybe, if I did as he asked, this punishment business would disappear and he would let me go.
There were no underthings for me to put on so I wrapped myself in the robe and tied the tie tightly around my small waist. I used a smaller towel that was on the counter to wrap around my hair. I didn't see a comb to untangle my hair so the towel would have to be it for now. In my bare feet, I opened the bathroom door and stepped into his room again. As I did, I could hear music coming from somewhere. The strains of the music drifted softly in through the open bedroom door. I followed the sound down the hall and across the balcony. The doorway at the other end was cracked open just a bit. I padded softly to the door and pushed it ever so gently. It opened without a sound and I found him sitting at a massive black piano. He was playing the music. As he played, I stood in the doorway and silently watched as his graceful hands danced across the white. This man who was so tall and dark, who ran a massive company that practically ruled the world was creating music that was fit for angels. After a couple moments of him playing he stopped and turned to the doorway. I felt my face redden to be caught watching him and my eyes went to the floor. l
"Better?" Was all that he said. I nodded slightly and he said, "Come here." He rose from the piano bench and patted the seat, indicating that I should sit down. I did as he said and he began to unwrap the towel from my hair. I noticed for the first time the heavy wooden hairbrush on the small table next to the piano as he picked it up. He began to gently brush the tangles from my wet hair. It felt so good, that I closed my eyes. I can't ever remember having someone brush my hair. It felt surreal. After a few moments, I realized that he had stopped. I opened my eyes and looked up at him.
"Turn around." As I did so, stood in front of me and just watched me. He just stared at me taking in my fresh washed face and my wet hair that was beginning to curl slightly around my face and at the ends.
"Mr. Berenger, I'm really sorry for trying to mess up your computers. I promise I won't do anything like that again. Please will you let me have my clothes and let me go home?" I begged. Tears filled my eyes. He reached out and took hold of my hand.
"Reece, I appreciate that you are sorry. However, I can't help but wonder if it is that you are sorry you did it or sorry you got caught. I know you won't do anything like that again, because I am going to make sure of that. I am a firm believer in old fashioned punishments. No, you may not have your clothes back, they were horrible. I have thrown them out. You will have new ones here before bedtime. And as far as you going home, well, this is your home now." He stopped and watched my reaction before continuing. "Reece, how old are you?"
"I'm 22. I'm an adult, you can't keep me here."
"Well, you are right and you are wrong. You are an adult, in age anyway. And I can keep you here. You will be allowed to leave when I say so and not a moment sooner. You may well be an adult in age, but you have a lot of growing up to do. I am going to make sure that it is done right. Now, You and I are going to have dinner. You will just have to wear the robe. My clothes are far too large for you and your new ones haven't arrived yet. After dinner, I want you to try on your clothes to make sure that they fit. Then we are going to meet back here in my study to discuss your punishment." My heart stopped. I had hoped he had forgotten about it. Apparently he hadn't. "Now, come with me, dinner should be ready." He stood and waited for me to do the same. I did and he took my hand and led me back out of the study and down the stairs. Instead of going through the living area, we turned left and I realized we were in a dining area. He walked me to a chair and pulled it out for me. He then sat to my left at the head of the table. As he sat, an older lady came into the room with a platter and placed it in front of us.
"Would you like wine with dinner?" She glanced at me but her question was obviously for her employer.
"No Mrs. Gudden. We will just drink water tonight. We both need our wits about us." He smiled a knowing smile at me as he said this.

niceladyemlo

Re: The Dream

Post by niceladyemlo » Wed May 25, 2011 5:38 am

Please continue with this story...

marsenneprime

Post by marsenneprime » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:30 pm

I will add more. I have some that I didn't post, but I want to get to a good stopping point before I post more. I am deciding the direction that I want to go with this. Suggestions welcome :D

THANKS
MP

cherrykisses

Post by cherrykisses » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:15 pm

I love this story!

tk04

Post by tk04 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:45 am

This has great potential, I look forward to reading more!

discipline_spanker

Post by discipline_spanker » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:06 am

A wonderful start to what can have any number of endings. Hope you continue to write more and enjoy doing it.

sweetansassy

Post by sweetansassy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:02 pm

smiles...........I know you were looking for suggestions.............but I'd say.............you don't need any suggestions............you've done pretty good on your own from here...............I'd say go with it......keep it going from where you're mind first found this dream...........(smiles softly).............if it were me..........I'd already be in love with Mr. Berenger...............(laughs..........but then I love the strong controlling type)............will be checking back daily to see how the lucious Mr. Berenger takes it from here..................giggles.............good luck sweetie..............and happy trails!!!!

seriously though..........love your writing and the story line.................this is the fairy tale of all fairy tales............hugsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss